January Transfers

Dummett has been named in Newcastle's squad for their game against Brighton, and with Newcastle being short of defensive cover it's not necessarily looking like a stick on that he'll return for a second loan spell. Of course Newcastle could easily go out and bring in someone during the window, so it's not a closed book just yet.

Dummett has just came on for Newcastle so a return to Saints is looking less likely I'd imagine.

I never watched the game, so maybe someone who did can comment on it, but from Pardew's post match comment and the fans on the message boards I'm not so sure many will be getting picked again soon. A bit unfair to judge a player like Dummett on half a game especially when they were down to 10 men for most of it, but it's the way of the game I suppose.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never watched the game, so maybe someone who did can comment on it, but from Pardew's post match comment and the fans on the message boards I'm not so sure many will be getting picked again soon. A bit unfair to judge a player like Dummett on half a game especially when they were down to 10 men for most of it, but it's the way of the game I suppose.

Sadly for us,Dummett actually had a pretty decent game compared to the rest of the team.

David Lopez (who is class, granted) ripped him a new one for the entire 45 minutes Dummett played.

Is Lopez in the Newcastle team?

Anyway, there is some chat over on B&WA on whether, even if he was to be offered a return, he could based on current SPL/EPL loan rules. Either way the lad from Carlisle could be useful if he can play as he can cover both LB and CB. That's if there is anything in that rumour of course.

my best mate ( smelltic fan ) just saw joe chalmers leavin st mirren park , apparently a young left back who will be signing on loan until the end of the season according to campbell kenedy

also dundee united are looking to loan out a couple of midfielders in order to free up wages for another defender to be brought in , john rankin back to ross county til the end of the season is looking the most promising deal at the moment

my best mate ( smelltic fan ) just saw joe chalmers leavin st mirren park , apparently a young left back who will be signing on loan until the end of the season according to campbell kenedy

How's that St Mirren rumour about Dummett's loan being extended? You were crowing about that a few days ago.

my insider at the shitey saints has an exclusive , sorry if I spelt the names wrong as i have no fuckin clue who these folk are

dumetts loan spell will be extended after the match tomorrow with a five figure future fee option agreed 4 the shitey saints , douglas imrie will return to hamilton academical on a loan spell until the end of the season and garry kenneth has agreed to a 2 week trial with an 18 month contract on offer if he proves himself well and properly fit and ready

also the mighty gers plan to offer paul mcgowan a three year deal on a precontract but the boy is smelltic daft so it seems rather fudgebally to me ? :blink:

hope thats useful to you , couldnt give less of a flying falafel tbh , pleasin :D

barry ferguson will be joinin hearts on a loan deal til the end of our season , with our edinburgh brothers picking up just 25% of his wages , very good deal to be fair , wish we could have him back but the sfa wouldnt like that wood they dry.gif least he is going to the good guys , pleasin :D

also barry robson will join aberdeen on a short loan pendin a medical , he is fuckin poo , pleasin :D

also dundee united are looking to loan out a couple of midfielders in order to free up wages for another defender to be brought in , john rankin back to ross county til the end of the season is looking the most promising deal at the moment

Seems legit.

How's that St Mirren rumour about Dummett's loan being extended? You were crowing about that a few days ago.

it was called off at the last minute because the newcastle youth manager said he had potential so pardew called it off yesterday , i believe he was going to be in todays squad too

i got the dominic dwyer story spot on so not sure why yous are so quick to moan about my exclusive , not pleasin :(

And he did the same at Kilmarnock. Three career threatening injuries. We extended his contract FOUR times. Then left us after we wanted him to stay.

Hope he ends up in the Juniors.

Wouldn't last 2 minutes in junior football... a total shitbag in a tackle... first 50/50 he would be off injured.

I have to say that I had reasonable expectations for Nigel Hasselbaink and he has, mainly, just about lived up to them. Don't think he's been too bad at all. He occasionally tries to be too smart and runs the ball out of play but, for his age, I think he's a very good player. He clearly has attitude problems though and this leads to a bit of inconsistency sometimes.

i believe he was going to be in todays squad too

Posted 2 hours after the game has finished? f**k me you are psychic!

i got the dominic dwyer story spot on so not sure why yous are so quick to moan about my exclusive , not pleasin :(

So... let's look at this...

Dummett - Wrong

Imrie - Wrong

Kenneth - Wrong

McGowan - Wrong

As for the Dwyer story, the problems were known about before you posted it. It seems your "saints mole" is simply reading transfer rumour websites and twitter feeds.

So... let's look at this...

Dummett - Wrong

Imrie - Wrong

Kenneth - Wrong

McGowan - Wrong

As for the Dwyer story, the problems were known about before you posted it. It seems your "saints mole" is simply reading transfer rumour websites and twitter feeds.

nope :(

imrie deal is defos still on too btw

it was called off at the last minute because the newcastle youth manager said he had potential so pardew called it off yesterday , i believe he was going to be in todays squad too

Assuming that the only stories you have posted are the four listed above by Ric and the Dwyer story, then that's a 20% hit rate. I reckon if I made up rumours completely off the top of my head I'd have a better success rate than that.

nope :(

imrie deal is defos still on too btw

You'll forgive me for being sceptical considering not a single "rumour" you've posted has come out correct. Even the Dwyer one you have got half right, you got the reason wrong.

As for your latest about signing a left back on loan, considering we don't have any money and we need a left back, it's just fishing with an attempt to make yourself seem "in the know". Which, due to your current record (Barry Ferguson to Hearts? Really?) is considerably difficult to believe.

Archived