Sons' sorrow

Kirkpatrick has joined Clyde on loan

Not surprising given the stream of players that have joined Clyde from us over the last couple of seasons.

I always thought Kirkpatrick was a decent player, although he hasn't really shown much in the last 18months or so, but I'd have thought he was still good enough to be at a better level than Clyde, but best wishes to him, I hope he gets on well.

I find this a bit strange. I'm not suggesting Kirky has been great this season but he has been in starting 11 in recent games. If stevie didn't like him why was he starting before the likes of tags,don etc.

I also don't understand how the emergency loan system works.help please.

I find this a bit strange. I'm not suggesting Kirky has been great this season but he has been in starting 11 in recent games. If stevie didn't like him why was he starting before the likes of tags,don etc.

I also don't understand how the emergency loan system works.help please.

Emergency loan is a deal outwith the window that can last for a maximum of 93 days. I think the player has to be under a certain age/you are only allowed a certain number over a certain age.

Kirky was taken off at HT last Saturday wasn't he? Perhaps he had a wee falling out with Aitken after that.

That's possible but I still find it strange that we get rid of a player at this stage, one who gaffer clearly had in starting plans. Kirky not the type to have a fall out I would have thought.

Understand him wanting a move to get regular 90 min . Its the gaffer decision in questioning .

A lot of central midfielders and although he has failed to produce of late,Kirky had potential to be a bit creative.

I don't think it's the time to be gettin rid of anyone unless a disagreement did occur as suggested.

Pity he couldn't find form of 2 seasons ago when our tactics suited forward thinking players.

Good luck Jordan at Clyde and who knows where he will be next season

Jordan Kirkpatrick has signed for Clyde on loan until the end of the season. I know the name but not much about him admittedly. Could he do a job for us in League 2?

He should be able to hold his own with Clyde, decent enough player on his day.

Good luck to him.

Agree that if he ain't need here, why has he been playing ahead of others??

He's been shite for ages so maybe this will get his game back together.

The thing is, him getting his game back together isn't going to help us. He's out of contract in the summer and I'd say there's absolutely no chance we'll see him in a Sons shirt again. If he does well at Clyde they'll keep him, or he'll go to another club - Alloa I'd imagine with Jack Ross there.

With the exception of getting a wage off the books I don't see what benefit this will have for us. I can only assume it's been a fall out as a result of last week and Aitken's punted him as a result, or we have another new face coming in. If we do there's no telling if he'll be a Christian Nade/Jamie Lindsay or a Darren Miller/Kler Heh/Seb Osei-Obengo. Aitken's signings are an absolute lottery.

If he's wanted rid of him for a while then, as you say, the decision to play him is baffling. Taggart, Heh or Walsh - however unconvincing they all are - can all play on the wing where he's been shoved. How can any manager expect a player to give his all if he knows he isn't wanted/trusted by him? Personally I didn't work anywhere near as hard in my last job when the manager I knew didn't like me was in. 

The whole thing looks very strange on first glance. He hasn't been great, not by a long way. But he's not been any worse than quite a few others in the squad. 

Edit: Is it any wonder we have no consistency in terms of results or performances given the turnover of players since May? Most I can ever remember at the club

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

The thing is, him getting his game back together isn't going to help us. He's out of contract in the summer and I'd say there's absolutely no chance we'll see him in a Sons shirt again. If he does well at Clyde they'll keep him, or he'll go to another club - Alloa I'd imagine with Jack Ross there.

With the exception of getting a wage off the books I don't see what benefit this will have for us. I can only assume it's been a fall out as a result of last week and Aitken's punted him as a result, or we have another new face coming in. If we do there's no telling if he'll be a Christian Nade/Jamie Lindsay or a Darren Miller/Kler Heh/Seb Osei-Obengo. Aitken's signings are an absolute lottery.

If he's wanted rid of him for a while then, as you say, the decision to play him is baffling. Taggart, Heh or Walsh - however unconvincing they all are - can all play on the wing where he's been shoved. How can any manager expect a player to give his all if he knows he isn't wanted/trusted by him? Personally I didn't work anywhere near as hard in my last job when the manager I knew didn't like me was in.

The whole thing looks very strange on first glance. He hasn't been great, not by a long way. But he's not been any worse than quite a few others in the squad.

Edit: Is it any wonder we have no consistency in terms of results or performances given the turnover of players since May? Most I can ever remember at the club

Whilst I get what you're saying, I'd probably punt him as well if the opportunity presented itself. This may have been the first opportunity to do so.

Kirky will want first team football and he certainly wont get that with us. Whilst I'd rather see someone replace him in the form of a loan signing, I genuinely don't believe it's any great loss. If a player wants out then there is no point in standing in his way.

A player who doesn't want to be here + a player who has done nothing for god knows how long + what will be a decent wage = cheerio.

As for playing him over others in the squad - Stevie would also be getting slated for not giving him a chance. He gave him his chance, he done nowhere near enough so he got punted. I dunno how many games I've proclaimed pre kick off 'Kirky has to take his chance today'. Minus a 20 minute spell, against an attrocious Alloa side, he done the opposite of his take his chance.

No idea how he'll do at Clyde tbh. I correctly predicted that Archie was a shocking signing, even for that level, but with Kirky I have no idea.

On park in 12 out of last 13 league games including starting 5 or 6. Don't think he can claim didn't get a chance and in those games hadn't really produced much.

I thought first half v st mitten he did OK in an alien position.

You could argue he got more of a chance than others .

As said before I have got of an issue with why we are getting rid of someone who is a regular at this stage . Issue with manager not Kirky

Could be something has happened that means he had to go .

Edited by cedrick1