Sons' sorrow

Anyone slightly worried that we could possibly be looking for a new manager?  If McKinnon goes to United, is it out of the question that Raith will want Aitken?  I know many will feel over the course of the season our football wasn't great but Stevie's CV looks mighty fine at the moment.  Raith, having gone down the young and upcoming route and found success, may look to that route again.  Straight away the first two I would think of if I was looking at that option is Aitken and Young. Out of those two, which is less of a risk for Raith?  Unquestionably it's Aitken.

Of course there will be others in with a shout than just those two, and I'm definitely getting well ahead of myself, but there is the smallest of fears sitting at the back of my mind at the moment.

And just to add another player into the rumour mill, if Stranraer don't make it up, I'd be surprised if we don't go for Mark McGuigan.  Signed by Stevie just as we stole him from Stranraer and seems to have had another good season in League 1.

Anyone slightly worried that we could possibly be looking for a new manager? If McKinnon goes to United, is it out of the question that Raith will want Aitken? I know many will feel over the course of the season our football wasn't great but Stevie's CV looks mighty fine at the moment. Raith, having gone down the young and upcoming route and found success, may look to that route again. Straight away the first two I would think of if I was looking at that option is Aitken and Young. Out of those two, which is less of a risk for Raith? Unquestionably it's Aitken.

Of course there will be others in with a shout than just those two, and I'm definitely getting well ahead of myself, but there is the smallest of fears sitting at the back of my mind at the moment.

And just to add another player into the rumour mill, if Stranraer don't make it up, I'd be surprised if we don't go for Mark McGuigan. Signed by Stevie just as we stole him from Stranraer and seems to have had another good season in League 1.

I don't think they'll go for Stevie.

I could be completely wrong and I'd be disappointed to lose him at this stage but at the moment I'm not concerned.

Anyone slightly worried that we could possibly be looking for a new manager? If McKinnon goes to United, is it out of the question that Raith will want Aitken? I know many will feel over the course of the season our football wasn't great but Stevie's CV looks mighty fine at the moment. Raith, having gone down the young and upcoming route and found success, may look to that route again. Straight away the first two I would think of if I was looking at that option is Aitken and Young. Out of those two, which is less of a risk for Raith? Unquestionably it's Aitken.

And just to add another player into the rumour mill, if Stranraer don't make it up, I'd be surprised if we don't go for Mark McGuigan. Signed by Stevie just as we stole him from Stranraer and seems to have had another good season in League 1.

I did give that a slight thought actually Moonster! It was when I read somewhere (on here I'm sure) that Aitken was on a list of possible candidates for the Utd job, that I thought to myself surely McKinnon would be a better man for that job. But did have think that possibly Stevie could be McKinnon's replacement at Raith.

I don't think they'll go for Stevie.

I could be completely wrong and I'd be disappointed to lose him at this stage but at the moment I'm not concerned.

It's a good shout. Why wouldn't Raith take a chance on Aitken? He has an impressive CV and he's flying high in terms of current form. They'd be daft not to at least consider him.

It's a good shout. Why wouldn't Raith take a chance on Aitken? He has an impressive CV and he's flying high in terms of current form. They'd be daft not to at least consider him.

I'm not saying they wont and I'm not saying they shouldn't, I just don't believe they will.

I may be completely wrong but just have a feeling they'll go for someone else.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

I'm not saying they wont and I'm not saying they shouldn't, I just don't believe they will.

I may be completely wrong but just have a feeling they'll go for someone else.

***cough***

Ian Murray

***cough***

Whilst it's nice that Stevie is saying such things and seems really happy here, things can quickly change once discussions with another club open up.  I do agree though that I don't think he'll leave.

Anyway, that got us talking about something else for a page or so, we can return to wildly linking players to us now.

Stevie Farrell and Stuart Miller were at Stranraer v Livi so we might be looking at a player from either of them.

I'd imagine there'll be a couple from Livi, namely Ben Gordon (Livi beat us to his signature last year) and either of their strikers.  

Anyone slightly worried that we could possibly be looking for a new manager?  If McKinnon goes to United, is it out of the question that Raith will want Aitken?  I know many will feel over the course of the season our football wasn't great but Stevie's CV looks mighty fine at the moment.  Raith, having gone down the young and upcoming route and found success, may look to that route again.  Straight away the first two I would think of if I was looking at that option is Aitken and Young. Out of those two, which is less of a risk for Raith?  Unquestionably it's Aitken.

And just to add another player into the rumour mill, if Stranraer don't make it up, I'd be surprised if we don't go for Mark McGuigan.  Signed by Stevie just as we stole him from Stranraer and seems to have had another good season in League 1.

Might not be the most convenient of appointments.

Aitken will be on good money from his day job. If Raith wanted him full time then it's potentially a big financial ask to put together a package that works. If it's part time then travelling for training may be an issue.

I don't see him going to Raith.

Might not be the most convenient of appointments.

Aitken will be on good money from his day job. If Raith wanted him full time then it's potentially a big financial ask to put together a package that works. If it's part time then travelling for training may be an issue.

I don't see him going to Raith.

East coast teams like Raith tend to favour East coast managers, and like yourself I'd be sceptical.  Aitken has a f/t job with Rolls Royce in Inchinnan and his current situation is perfect both from a geographical and a career development perspective.

Raith performed really well this season; get it wrong and by mid-October there could a baying mob marching up Pratt Street in Kirkcaldy ;)

Perfect opportunity for Edinburgh-based Ian Murray IMO.

Sons almost certainly will have about five loan players next season. Hopefully we can get the best young players about. Celtic won the development league by a mile but interesting to note Hamilton were second and maybe have a realy good young player needing experience in the championship. Hearts Aberdeen and Rangers must have a few decent players and no doubt Sheffield United will offer a future superstar. Decent loan signings could mean the difference between staying up or going down.

I'm deffo going to try and make more games next season. New season resolution. The missus isn't as naggy these days and the weans at an age where I can take her.

Just spotted Armand One at that new ice cream shop in Dumbarton btw.

Hearing that John 'The Beast' Gemmell is just waiting til the play offs are won for Clyde before he signs up for next season.

Stevie wanted to sign him in January but they had difficulty agreeing personal terms, so we ended up with his second choice Nade.

According to your manager he has signed two Stranraer players already this summer with waiting till after our play off adventure is over before naming them, rumour has it tho that it is our right back and left winger