Sons' sorrow

How did the boy from Clydebank do? Slightly worried that we are going to sign him...

Out of all the trialists I think the only one who looked decent was Tatar. The rest ran about and things, but hard to say anything about what they would offer the squad.

Edited by squeezeboxson

Fairly reasonable summary! Stevo looks rediculously unfit. He tried to talk the ref into letting him take a corner at the wrong side, just so he didn't have to move from the corner he was in :lol: actually might have been the corner we scored from?

Guys behind me were clueless, the whole first half went on about how they couldn't believe Ewings was playing and Brown who signed from Ross County is on the bench. 'Ewings can't fit into his shirt never mind this team' was my facourier quote of the night. I reckoned Brown was slightly to blame for the 2nd goal? Hard to say, but looked well inside the 6 yard box - which I'd class as GK territory.

Couldn't make it last night but I'm not sure I'm liking that too much, we'll need much more than dead balls from our midfield.

It's worth noting that Dundee played a very strong team so some if our players probably didn't get a chance to express themselves as much as they will in the league. There was a spell early in the second half where we looked really dangerous for about 5 minutes with Thomson, Stirling and Smith high up. Not once did I see Barr communicate with anyone last night. Docherty did all the talking. Tatar looked big and strong playing CDM and was also tidy on the ball. Frazer Wright seemed even slower than last season which is concerning. Personally I would have Barr next to Buchanan. I was impressed with Pettigrew who looks quick and strong, he defends well especially in the air. Thomson win a huge amount in the air. Definetly more than Nade but he has a bit of gym work to do so he can improve his hold up play. Smith was good at times, his crossing is always on point. Stirling made some pace runs and drew some fouls but was quiet overall and seemed not yet fully fit. I didn't realise how broad he was.

Edited by cameron2000

Would like to add my girlfriends match summary...

She thought Thommo looked 'the best', she also commented on how retro 80s he looked. She thinks big Fraz looks like a dad who plays fives with youngsters til he's 60 and passed comment on him 'walking with a limp' and his 'horseshoe'. She didn't like the colour scheme of Dundee's strip and likes the black panels on our new strip (the one thing I don't like about it.

Overall she probably asked roughly 100 questions from start to finish including "what would those skinny wee boy and old lady stewards do if we wanted to riot?" :lol: good point IMO. I'm just glad she managed to refrain from rioting.

They get first dibs on the land when Brabco sell up then?  :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm delighted with the strips and having a well known sponsor on board.  Sounds like a decent work out last night and glad to see we were looking at so many players last night. Did Kassarate have much time to impact the game?

Kassarate didn't have much time na, same goes for that Peters lad. Kasubandi got more time than both of them but as expected he looked out of his depth.

Sparky is becoming a real leader on the park. With the low crowd last night you could hear everything, never stopped shouting and encouraging others.

It's worth noting that Dundee played a very strong team so some if our players probably didn't get a chance to express themselves as much as they will in the league. There was a spell early in the second half where we looked really dangerous for about 5 minutes with Thomson, Stirling and Smith high up. Not once did I see Barr communicate with anyone last night. Docherty did all the talking. Tatar looked big and strong playing CDM and was also tidy on the ball. Frazer Wright seemed even slower than last season which is concerning. Personally I would have Barr next to Buchanan. I was impressed with Pettigrew who looks quick and strong, he defends well especially in the air. Thomson win a huge amount in the air. Definetly more than Nade but he has a bit of gym work to do so he can improve his hold up play. Smith was good at times, his crossing is always on point. Stirling made some pace runs and drew some fouls but was quiet overall and seemed not yet fully fit. I didn't realise how broad he was.

I've said that about Barr all last season, didn't act like a leader. Pointing fingers at times. Still though, glad we have him but I'd have gave sparky or Fleming the armband.

I've said that about Barr all last season, didn't act like a leader. Pointing fingers at times. Still though, glad we have him but I'd have gave sparky or Fleming the armband.

You'll need to remind me of the times that Fleming has been the most vocal guy on the park and organised the team? If anything he's quieter than Barr.  The captains arm band is nothing but an ego fluffer for players, the leaders (such as Buchy/Wright/Sparky) will lead on the park whether they've got the arm band or not.