Sons' sorrow

We looked like we didn't care.

Fair play to EF. The better team overall and played so good stuff.

Gallacher off, for me was a little bit harsh I would have said a yellow but fair play you can't go in swinging.

Surprised Fleming didn't get an early shower as well. For an experienced guy he should have known better.

The less said about Mark Brown the better. Don't know why we waste the money.

Hopefully just a blip and a long long way to go. Hopefully things will start to turn round. 

I see that the Manager has at least recognised the need for additional players and I'm honestly wondering if this League Cup group is turning into an exercise in proving that, either semi-intentionally or by natural circumstances.

There's no need for immediate panic - I seem to remember two awful performances against EF and QP this time last year - but Aitken has to have at least some idea of where players should play on the pitch for maximum effect, that was sadly lacking tonight.  Two decent loans could make quite a difference.

Stevie doesn't seem too bothered and looks like as predicted a couple of loanees will boost the squad.

yet again Donald whilst we all accept is not the answer to our problems is certainly worth some more game time . Injects some pace and energy to our forward play. 

Our defending has been a worry and don't think defence has been helped by a complete lack of defensive strategy from our midfield set up. Oh so different from last years set ups where we would have defenders playing in midfield. I see this area as no 1 priiority.

probably need Barr to recover soon.

thommo might be left alone but I'm looking for more. Todd I thought showed enough to be encouraged as does Stirling.

think I was wrong about smith and Falkirk fans were right.

Relying on the loan market bailing us out again this year. We need at least two star turns off it.

We're not relying on it. We're just using it to add the final touches like most teams. Believe it or not last night wasn't a true reflection of where we're at. We probably won't see that until we play Dunfermline.

14 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

We're not relying on it. We're just using it to add the final touches like most teams. Believe it or not last night wasn't a true reflection of where we're at. We probably won't see that until we play Dunfermline.

Without loans we'll be in difficulty. We're relying on it.

Without loans we'll be in difficulty. We're relying on it.

We then so is the majority of the league. I wonder if we could get Jamie Lindsay back. He couldn't either of Celtics teams against Wolfsburg and has apparently looked well out of his depth when he has played. I also remember Stuart Miller saying a few months ago that we had a decent chance of getting him back. Aitken said clubs had a agreed to loan us players but we have to be patient which is making me think they are from a team still in Europe.

WUR DOOMED

We're not doomed but quite rightly our last 2 utterly vile performances have alarm bells ringing.

Everything from our piss thin squad to the attitude to the tactics to the lack of discipline. It's hugely concerning IMO.

We had a couple of games similar to this last season, the difference was we had scope to change things around, this season we don't. We have to work with what we have and 2 of what we have can't even get a sniff of a game thus amplifying our main issue.

I can fully appreciate why people are concerned after Saturday and last night. It looks like far more than simply two off days. Will two loan deals change the fact we have zero depth or options in our squad outwith out lacklustre starting 11? Quite possibly. Will it be enough? I'm almost convinced it wont be.