Sons' sorrow

Really good highlights.

I was convinced that we were due another penalty for the foul on Thomson but the highlights show that the contact was just outside the box and that it was his momentum that carried him into the box. Good decision by the referee. One of his few good decisions - I thought he was far too fussy yesterday - but that one was spot on despite looking a penalty at the time.

5 hours ago, microdave said:

It was 11 months until we beat Clyde but it was over a year before we won again at home. A 1-0 win against Berwick on November 23rd.

I remembered it as beating Alloa away rather than Clyde and definitely more than a year without a win .... but it was over twenty years ago now.

I see we've signed two boys who played for the 17s last year (Kyle Prior & Cameron Hambleton) on amateur deals and sent them straight out on loan to the juniors.  If only we had applied this logic to McCallum 3 years ago he might actually be ready and challenging for a first team start now. Anyway, sounds promising with those young lads, I'm sure they'll learn a lot.

I see we've signed two boys who played for the 17s last year (Kyle Prior & Cameron Hambleton) on amateur deals and sent them straight out on loan to the juniors.  If only we had applied this logic to McCallum 3 years ago he might actually be ready and challenging for a first team start now. Anyway, sounds promising with those young lads, I'm sure they'll learn a lot.

I'm pretty sure it was that lad Prior's old man who was giving it big licks on Facebook after we scrapped the development squad. Quite ironic that it looks to be his lad who's been one of the lucky ones.

I may be completely wrong but I'm sure it was him.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm pretty sure it was that lad Prior's old man who was giving it big licks on Facebook after we scrapped the development squad. Quite ironic that it looks to be his lad who's been one of the lucky ones.

It was certainly another Prior giving it big licks, yes. I'm sure he'll be back on to apologise for his terribly personal remarks about board members and the manager.

59 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye it was. His mum complained about it on Facebook as well.

11 minutes ago, loyal-blue said:

I see Stuart Millar is Head of Recruitment at Dumbarton and perhaps has been for a long while?

Any information on that? What is his remit? Etc etc.

He is and has been there since Stevie Aitken came in last summer. He does the scouting for the 1st team for future opponents and (I think) recommends players to Stevie. Pretty sure he's a big part of our link with Celtic that saw us bring in Jamie Lindsay and Calum Waters last season and Joe Thomson this year - pretty sure he also played a role in the large Ross County contingent we had in the squad (guys like Mark Brown, Darren Barr, Stevie Ross, Steven Saunders are played at County during his time there I think).

There was a wee article on the web a fortnight back about him Clicky

Jordan McMillan's ban only dropped by a month, so he won't be able to play until November. I doubt we were ever interested, but I know he was mentioned on here a couple of times.

http://stv.tv/news/west-central/1364167-footballer-jordan-mcmillan-s-doping-ban-reduced-by-a-month/

Jordan McMillan's ban only dropped by a month, so he won't be able to play until November. I doubt we were ever interested, but I know he was mentioned on here a couple of times.

http://stv.tv/news/west-central/1364167-footballer-jordan-mcmillan-s-doping-ban-reduced-by-a-month/

Jordan McMillan is a grass

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Oh well, Joe Thomson wont be appearing for us in the Irn Bru Cup.

Currently playing for Celtic against Cowdenbeath.

It really is an utterly ridiculous tournament. See if CT - or some other Cowden player - injures him then I'll be utterly seething.

Edit: So he's playing with Aiden Nesbitt tonight, and then against him on Saturday. Utter shambles.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

7 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It really is an utterly ridiculous tournament. See if CT - or some other Cowden player - injures him then I'll be utterly seething.

Edit: So he's playing with Aiden Nesbitt tonight, and then against him on Saturday. Utter shambles.

Turner already flying into him and another lad like a freight train :lol:

The commentator also just claimed Turner left Dumbarton for "Hamilton Athletic".

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Turner already flying into him and another lad like a freight train :lol:

The commentator also just claimed Turner left Dumbarton for "Hamilton Athletic".

I was just posting that on another thread :lol: Turner just about chopped the big Ajer lad in half :lol: He's the sort of guy who would take great pleasure in booting a few Celtic kids onto the stockcar oval I'm sure.

I was just posting that on another thread :lol: Turner just about chopped the big Ajer lad in half :lol: He's the sort of guy who would take great pleasure in booting a few Celtic kids onto the stockcar oval I'm sure.

Is that Ajer lad not a 1st team player for Celtic? If so how is he able to play for their under 20s? Farce of a tournament