Sons' sorrow

Is that Ajer lad not a 1st team player for Celtic? If so how is he able to play for their under 20s? Farce of a tournament

I think he's been on the fringes of the first team squad, but he's only 17/18 so is eligible for their 20s, and therefore eligible for the tournament. A few players with a handful of first team appearances playing for them tonight.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Turner now sent aff for 'gesturing' towards the Celtic fans :lol:

To me it looked like he was already off the pitch when he did it, fair enough the red, but then the ref made them take off the guy who had came on for him.

One for Skyline Drifter on the cup forum I think

To me it looked like he was already off the pitch when he did it, fair enough the red, but then the ref made them take off the guy who had came on for him.

One for Skyline Drifter on the cup forum I think

I presume, having not seen it, that this happened when he was being substituted. If so, then if the offence occurred before the substitution was complete then it was the correct call. If the offender was off of the field and the replacement already on when the offence occurred then the replacement should be allowed to continue.

9 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I presume, having not seen it, that this happened when he was being substituted. If so, then if the offence occurred before the substitution was complete then it was the correct call. If the offender was off of the field and the replacement already on when the offence occurred then the replacement should be allowed to continue.

To be honest I had one eye on the cycling and one eye on the game on my laptop, but it certainly looked like Turner crossed the white line, high fived Gary Glen who jogged on, turned towards the dugout (with the Celtic fans behind it) and made the gesture.

There was a 4th official there, so I'd imagine she'll have had the perfect view of what happened, but I'd certainly like to see it again. If he's off the pitch and Glen is on then forcing him to go off and red carding Turner is pretty horrendous.

20 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It really is an utterly ridiculous tournament. See if CT - or some other Cowden player - injures him then I'll be utterly seething.

Edit: So he's playing with Aiden Nesbitt tonight, and then against him on Saturday. Utter shambles.

I really do hope that no Dumbarton fans will go and watch us in the next round, no matter who we get

14 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I really do hope that no Dumbarton fans will go and watch us in the next round, no matter who we get

Likewise. Imagine if we draw Celtic U20s though. Would you want to have to go in for a risky tackle with a guy who is your teammate for the rest of the season?

Farcical competition, but as long as the Old Firm kids are in it for a decent amount of time I dare say the SPFL will pass it off as a glowing success. 

You just know the one year fans actively stay away from the Challenge Cup will be the year we finally go on a run.

Actually no, we'll be out at the first time of asking - support or no support.

Funnily enough, I'd love a run to a final, just to say we got there.......but not in this farcical shittip of a tournament

3 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Apparently help is needed in the way of a sponsor to keep SONS TV going otherwise the plug will be pulled.Think they are looking for about 700 pounds per annum.If anyone knows of anyone that may be interested get in touch with the club. 

If we can't afford £700 in a year to run what is a very helpful and appreciated highlights set up then administration must be on the way. We are doomed after all!! :(

Out of interest what do the running costs of SonsTV consist of? Software and hardware updates, travelling expenses that sort of thing? I've never really thought about it to be honest.

Do you think there would be a decent enough market to make it payable for, say, longer interviews, full match replays and other features? I know we don't have a great deal of fans, but I'm sure a few would be willing to chip in £7 a month or something for that - particularly the guys who live overseas or down south.

Anyway, I hope someone steps in. Getting sponsorship for anything is a nightmare and usually is who you know rather than what you can offer them, so I hope we manage to get something sorted.

In fact, scrap the pay idea, just fine Mark Brown a couple of week's wages and pay it with that ;)

Out of interest what do the running costs of SonsTV consist of? Software and hardware updates, travelling expenses that sort of thing? I've never really thought about it to be honest.

Do you think there would be a decent enough market to make it payable for, say, longer interviews, full match replays and other features? I know we don't have a great deal of fans, but I'm sure a few would be willing to chip in £7 a month or something for that - particularly the guys who live overseas or down south.

Anyway, I hope someone steps in. Getting sponsorship for anything is a nightmare and usually is who you know rather than what you can offer them, so I hope we manage to get something sorted.

In fact, scrap the pay idea, just fine Mark Brown a couple of week's wages and pay it with that [emoji6]

I'd like to know the costs too.

Think sonstv is excellent, good length and good quality.

The 20 or so regular posters in here could chip in £30 each.

"Sons TV - brought to you in association with Sons Sorrow on P&B. The online home of petty bickering and idle speculation on the colour of next season's away socks"

5 minutes ago, PWL said:

The 20 or so regular posters in here could chip in £30 each.

"Sons TV - brought to you in association with Sons Sorrow on P&B. The online home of petty bickering and idle speculation on the colour of next season's away socks"

With a bonus 6-hour video titled "Great goalkeeping debates of the last 10 years".