Sons' sorrow

3 points, an away win, all great news and a welcome change from the norm.
However........ the performance was pretty grim, I think we all agree every other team in the championship would have beat us playing like that. We have still only 10 points from the 1st 12 games which if we continue will mean 30 points at the end of the season. Let's hope it's a turning point and we pick up another 3 points next week, but let's not all get ahead of ourselves, Stevie is still on a shoogly peg!

Just now, aftershocker said:

By this logic though St Mirren will only have 12 ppints and Dunfermline 27

Indeed. So I'd rather be in our situation than theirs. It still gives us an idea of where we could end up at the end of the season if our form doesn't improve however.

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:

We're on the same number of points as we were after 12 matches last season.

Well spotted. I'd by lying if I said I was slightly furious that I hadn't noticed that first though :lol: Here's hoping we can find this season's Christian Nade in January again.

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Fair enough, I didn't realise that. Although last year I was far more optimistic than this year. I still feel like yesterday's result is just papering over the cracks

I wasn't really trying to put a positive spin on things. It's just that  in the corresponding stage of last season, we were in the middle of a run of only one win in thirteen. The Ayr game a  couple of weeks ago, reminded me of some home defensive horror shows that we had against Alloa, Falkirk, Morton and for 83 minutes of the Raith game.

Great result this weekend!

Meanwhile, before next Saturday's clash with 'Ton, there are very important matters off the pitch to be attended to.

So the trust is putting the call out to ALL Sons fans to turn up and give their views at the pre-planning consultation on the latest stadium proposals - 11am until 7pm on Friday 11th November at the ground. The plans will also be viewable on Saturday 12th in the Community Suite, before the game.

Last week I talked with (among others) Ian Wilson, the DFC director who is taking the lead for Brabco on this. He has confirmed that he will be there is person for the consultation. He has also agreed to speak directly to the Sonstrust in a follow-up meeting on 23rd November, which will combine our AGM with a discussion meeting. Full details being mailed to Trust members, and also viewable here: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/agm-and-supporters-meeting/

Simon

1 minute ago, optimistic said:

Apparently Stevie one of the names in the frame for the queen of the south manager position,   discuss???

Wouldn't be massively upset by it. 

In recent games he looks like he's ran out of ideas. 

I don't see him as any better than their previous manager.

4 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Apparently Stevie one of the names in the frame for the queen of the south manager position,   discuss???

I don't see them paying compo for a manager to be honest, especially for a guy who is out of contract in June. Wouldn't be bothered if he left, although some of the names available at the moment do give me the fear.

Meh. If he wants to go, and they want him, then I'd fully support us letting him go. No point hanging onto someone who doesn't want to be there.

If I'm honest I'm surprised his stock is still relatively high after the start to the season we've had.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Just now, optimistic said:

Is he or have the bookies just stuck the usual suspects on a list?  If he goes, he goes but I don't think we should worry too much, nor do I feel Stevie should be concerning himself with it given the position we are in. 

Stevie isnt taking us forward, but despite the football sometimes being uninspiring he has kept us in the division last season and right now we're sitting 8th. Was the football really miles better under Murray? For a season it certainly was - the season we had our cup run ended by Aberdeen - but at times Murray was responsible for some utter dross.

We'd all love to see more entertaining football. At times I think Stevie takes the easy option by playing it safe. If we're going to lose then I'd rather we lost after having a go then playing dour football and still losing. I think its a bit convenient at times to rely on the stock phrases - "full time football", "train every day", "we only get 2 sessions a week", "boys gave everything" etc. If he goes to Queen of the South (and I don't think he will) then he'll go with thanks for last season's league position and we'll find the next Sons manager who'll try to repeat that feat.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

If Queen of the South appoint Aitken I will be astounded.

I do however expect him to be hooring himself for the job. I wouldn't be surprised to see a wee Daily Record snippet in the coming days telling us he's being eyed up by the Queens board.

If he leaves we receive compo and look to replace him. I can't say I'd be delighted and I can't say I'd be gutted.