Sons' sorrow

I've not seen it myself, apparently the board have had enough of aitken, and if true, I wouldn't imagine much compo would be paid, if any. And possibly not too many fans would be desperate for him to stay. Even after Saturday.

On the Murray quality of football comment, I have to say, for the most part, the football was much more entertaining than stevies teams, for the most part.

13 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I've not seen it myself, apparently the board have had enough of aitken, and if true, I wouldn't imagine much compo would be paid, if any. And possibly not too many fans would be desperate for him to stay. Even after Saturday.

On the Murray quality of football comment, I have to say, for the most part, the football was much more entertaining than stevies teams, for the most part.

I would hope even if the board had enough of Stevie they would still be looking for any compensation we'd be due. Why would they pass that up? 

I would hope even if the board had enough of Stevie they would still be looking for any compensation we'd be due. Why would they pass that up? 

Because if we weren't willing to pay much, and they've had enough, they would still be passing up the opportunity to sack him for free.

This from the Lennox Herald today (and more coming in the Reporter): http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/fans-given-chance-quiz-dumbarton-9226926

Hoping for a good turnout to see and comment on the latest stadium plans on Friday, and again on Saturday before the match. Also, get 23rd November pegged for more information and discussion. 

Cheers, Simon

22 minutes ago, albundy said:

Might be f**k all but I noticed nade has bid farewell to Stranraer on his Twitter (in which he describes himself as still playing for us)

:wub: Come home, Christian. 

In all seriousness I wonder if we might be able to tempt him back (albeit on reduced terms from last season) given that he's always said he wants to enjoy playing football - something I know he did with us.

Aitken to QOS - Nade as player manager. Make it happen DFC.

9 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

:wub: Come home, Christian. 

In all seriousness I wonder if we might be able to tempt him back (albeit on reduced terms from last season) given that he's always said he wants to enjoy playing football - something I know he did with us.

Aitken to QOS - Nade as player manager. Make it happen DFC.

Surely there must be reasons he couldn't establish himself at Stranraer; I would hazard they possibly concern fitness and his susceptibility to injury.

Anyway, returning players seldom reproduce the magic, Kano being an exception.

Surely there must be reasons he couldn't establish himself at Stranraer; I would hazard they possibly concern fitness and his susceptibility to injury.

Anyway, returning players seldom reproduce the magic, Kano being an exception.

Reading what one of their fans said on their thread it doesn't seem like he ever settled. He strikes me as the sort of guy who needs to have a manager who will put an arm round his shoulder and tell him how good he is - Stevie is that sort of manager, I'm not convinced Reid is.

If his main thing is to enjoy his football - which it seems to be - then he might just consider a return - even though it'll be on lower wages.

I strongly doubt he'll recapture his form from last season - but we really could do with more firepower, and he'll add something neither Gaz nor Thommo have.

I assume he would be unable to sign until January?

No harm in inviting to training to see if we can get him fit. His injury record is my main gripe, we simply cannot afford to pay a guy who spends half the time on the sidelines.

Imagine the scenes if he returned to us, fighting fight, like a horny sockeye salmon ready to migrate home during mating season, fulla spunk and #goalz

13 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Because if we weren't willing to pay much, and they've had enough, they would still be passing up the opportunity to sack him for free.

But getting the compensation due could go a long way to getting his replacement in. I just think it would be silly to take less than we were due regardless if we don't mind if he goes. This is all futile chat anyway as nothing except for a snippet in a rag has said he's got any chance of the job. 

As for Nade, where exactly are we getting the money to fund that? He's too much of a risk for the money we'd pay.

But getting the compensation due could go a long way to getting his replacement in. I just think it would be silly to take less than we were due regardless if we don't mind if he goes. This is all futile chat anyway as nothing except for a snippet in a rag has said he's got any chance of the job. 

As for Nade, where exactly are we getting the money to fund that? He's too much of a risk for the money we'd pay.

The departure of Stevo and Pettigrew to Largs will feee up a wage and we could also use a slice of the compo we recieve for Stevie.

Duh.

14 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Reading what one of their fans said on their thread it doesn't seem like he ever settled. He strikes me as the sort of guy who needs to have a manager who will put an arm round his shoulder and tell him how good he is - Stevie is that sort of manager, I'm not convinced Reid is.

If his main thing is to enjoy his football - which it seems to be - then he might just consider a return - even though it'll be on lower wages.

I strongly doubt he'll recapture his form from last season - but we really could do with more firepower, and he'll add something neither Gaz nor Thommo have.

He's changed his Twitter to 'striker at Dumbarton FC'!!

I don't keep tabs but I'm guessing it never changed. Would seem a shoe in though.

He's changed his Twitter to 'striker at Dumbarton FC'!!

Pretty sure that was in his profile even after joining Stranraer. Don't think we have the funds to sign anyone else, let alone Princ Christian, without shipping a player (or players) out first.