Sons' sorrow

After that disorganised, brutally defensive drivel fest where we only had Alan Martin to thank for avoiding an embarrassing defeat would anyone like to offer a defence for Aitken?

Also taking bets for his post-match excuses. I will go for squad depth, tough place to come, good side.

We were a disgrace today and after standing behind the dugout today and listening to Aitken and co, I have to admit I'm now in the out camp.

He stood for most of the 1st half shouting at Buchanan for mostly no reason. You can understand why the players are playing with no confidence.

Credit to Martin, he kept us in it today but something has to be done.

Oh and the final Nail on Aitken's coffin was him turning round smiling like a Cheshire Cat and clapping the fans, FFS you drew to Rose not Hibs you idiot. 

The excuses tomorrow will be the sun was in their eyes, rose were well setup, we had players out and, unlikely, I had no clue how to set my team up today.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What was Aitken shouting today? I wasn't that close to the dugout so couldn't really hear.

I was stood right beside it, purely out of interest, it went like this:

"Aw come on Stephen (Finnie)" X8

"JOSH, JOSH, JOSH. COME ON. THAT NEEDS TO BE BETTER" X5

"Sparky just sit for the last 20 minutes" *Sparky ignores/doesn't hear him*

"STEVO, STEVO, STEVO. COME OUT WIDE"

"ANDREW, ANDREW, ANDREW. COME ON, IN AND OUT."

"AW COME ON GAZ"

"Sparky just sit for the last 15 minutes"

That was pretty much it. After Stevo's pathetic low free-kick I did hear Frazer Wright commenting to somebody that "Stevo's free-kicks are Sh1te".

I wish I'd seen him at the end with this whole smug grin thing. Hopefully SonsTV caught it.

Just now, BallochSonsFan said:

He was also giving Bucky a hard time for the whole game. That and a few general fuxaches and similar

Did you feel that anything he said from the touchline added to the player's performance or understanding of what he was looking for? I've not got much to compare it with, but very little of what he said was useful/not a standard footballing cliche.

Its hard to say.

Sometimes criticism draws a reaction and performances improve. Sometimes it ha the opposite effect - confidence continues to decrease, the heads go down and it can actually increase mistakes.

If I was Buchanan, I'd be angry that my boss chose to criticise me so often today. I thought Stevenson got a particularly easy time of things. As did McCallum.

Its hard to say.

Sometimes criticism draws a reaction and performances improve. Sometimes it ha the opposite effect - confidence continues to decrease, the heads go down and it can actually increase mistakes.

If I was Buchanan, I'd be angry that my boss chose to criticise me so often today. I thought Stevenson got a particularly easy time of things. As did McCallum.

Even when he dropped Stevenson, Stevie was quoted as saying what an important player he is going to be for the reminder of the season. I always thought that Stevie's man management would be one of his strengths.

He's clueless. Getting on Bucky's back whilst Stevo swans around doing the square root of fucking nothing would suggest he has players too big to deal with.

As for McCallum - truly awful. A perfect example of why he is unable to consistently compete at first team level. He should've been playing at Bonnyrigg's level 3 years ago. If only we'd shipped him out on loan and toughened him up instead of ruining him. Anyone who thinks he's Championship quality is blinded by the fact he's come through the youth system and is quick and kind of tricky. Technically he possesses very little and is miles off what is required at first team level.

I was stood right beside it, purely out of interest, it went like this:

"Aw come on Stephen (Finnie)" X8

"JOSH, JOSH, JOSH. COME ON. THAT NEEDS TO BE BETTER" X5

"Sparky just sit for the last 20 minutes" *Sparky ignores/doesn't hear him*

"STEVO, STEVO, STEVO. COME OUT WIDE"

"ANDREW, ANDREW, ANDREW. COME ON, IN AND OUT."

"AW COME ON GAZ"

"Sparky just sit for the last 15 minutes"

That was pretty much it. After Stevo's pathetic low free-kick I did hear Frazer Wright commenting to somebody that "Stevo's free-kicks are Sh1te".

I wish I'd seen him at the end with this whole smug grin thing. Hopefully SonsTV caught it.

Don't forget:

'SPARKY, GET TIGHTER. GET TIGHTER. GET TIGHTER, SPARKY'.

You get the jist.

I'd be genuinely interested to know if his game plan went accordingly in the first half. Because if it did, then it's jaw dropping that we set-up like we did and played as we did. And if not, he offered not a jot of tactical nous or inspiration or foresight from the bench, just the above as So08 mentions.

Did you feel that anything he said from the touchline added to the player's performance or understanding of what he was looking for? I've not got much to compare it with, but very little of what he said was useful/not a standard footballing cliche.

I genuinely hadn't seen you'd said this when I replied to your earlier post, but yeah, I'm pretty much saying the same thing. Nothing that the players would be inspired by or encouraged them tactically.

How much of a chance would Frazer Wright have of getting the managers job if/when Aitken leaves?

Considering he just served a 2 match first team ban (when we really needed numbers) for abusive behaviour at an under 17's match I'd say he's miles away from being ready for a managers gig. Making Ciftci cry is funny, being a notorious heider merchant is funny, being a gaffer with zero discipline and a tendancy to be a bit of a heidcase isn't so funny.

22 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

I genuinely hadn't seen you'd said this when I replied to your earlier post, but yeah, I'm pretty much saying the same thing. Nothing that the players would be inspired by or encouraged them tactically.

Aye, it was obvious that much of what he said meant nothing. Shouting stuff like "BUCKY, BUCKY. F*CK ME." Isn't much use. Something like "Hit Gaz" or "Drive at them more Andy" might have been a bit more effective.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How much of a chance would Frazer Wright have of getting the managers job if/when Aitken leaves?

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Considering he just served a 2 match first team ban (when we really needed numbers) for abusive behaviour at an under 17's match I'd say he's miles away from being ready for a managers gig. Making Ciftci cry is funny, being a notorious heider merchant is funny, being a gaffer with zero discipline and a tendancy to be a bit of a heidcase isn't so funny.

To be honest if we're going to be going down then I'd like to do it in a sea of tears, rage and touchline bust ups. I'd imagine he'd guarantee all three.

Much like is required at Hampden, I'd blast a fucking force one, 7 on the richter scale, enema right through our coaching team.

I'm not sure what he's adding to our first team at the minute and I'm not sure he'd offer much as a gaffer tbh. If we're getting shot, I'd rather the lot of them were jet washed out the building.