Sons' sorrow

I wouldn't be for letting Frazer go until we can be absolutely sure of a replacement cb arriving. Buchanan's upcoming suspension, coupled with Barr's I'm assuming no news is good news re a Harvie loan extension although Aberdeen being weird about him being cup tied in the Scottish makes me wonder whether they are keeping their options open. 

I agree to an extent, however I think we have to let players go if we want to bring in new ones. Almost on a 1 in 1 out basis.

If we could get rid of Fraz then (I would assume) Stevie would have a replacement up his sleeve. Given he can't really play much any more moving him on would be a good move imo. As always though, patience is the key...

1 hour ago, Consolidate said:

I wouldn't be for letting Frazer go until we can be absolutely sure of a replacement cb arriving. Buchanan's upcoming suspension, coupled with Barr's < 100% reliability is going to leave gaps at the back.

I'm assuming no news is good news re a Harvie loan extension although Aberdeen being weird about him being cup tied in the Scottish makes me wonder whether they are keeping their options open. 

I'd agree with both of these points. I would also like to think that Stevie wouldn't let him go with no idea where we are getting someone else in as cover. I'd hope we can find a decent young CB who would come in and if anything, have more chance of getting into the side than Wright.

The Harvie's one is weird. I just don't see him being required at Aberdeen but they have been a bit funny about things. That being said, he isn't gone yet so there must be ongoing negotiations at the moment.

3 minutes ago, lionel wickson said:

That leaves us with four of our last eleven games at home, although moving a midweek game against full time opposition to a Saturday probably suits us in terms of preparation and income.

Hopefully we can continue or recent run of good form into this spell of home fixtures. Plenty of wind & rain please :P

49 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

IMG_1483626406.376711.jpg

Any word on the new stadium? According to iPhone maps we live with a boghead stadium in the town, maybe we are going back in time emoji23.png

There's a 'Stepps Road' just off RRRd too :rolleyes:

Google Maps all the way.

Edited by Silverton End
spelling

I wouldn't be for letting Frazer go until we can be absolutely sure of a replacement cb arriving. Buchanan's upcoming suspension, coupled with Barr's I'm assuming no news is good news re a Harvie loan extension although Aberdeen being weird about him being cup tied in the Scottish makes me wonder whether they are keeping their options open. 

Aberdeen wouldn't let Danny Rogers play in the cup but then extended the loan to the full season. I don't know if they let others play cup ties that year or not though as they did with Shankland this year.

Just reading Gary Locke's interview and some of the wording he's used is concerning me. The part below he says Vaughan could "come back to us, hit the ground running and be a big player for the end of the season". I hope they don't have a recall clause.imageproxy.php?img=&key=9e759d80ec736539eb895d95ff48513925e949592016730416d4e3a28fa799a7
Screenshot_20170105-172903.png

Sounds like he's fucking shat it after the response from Raith fans.

Relatively pleased with that, not the most exciting player but he should slot in and do a decent job in midfield. I'd imagine the St Mirren fans will be along in a minute to tell us how God awful he is though, just like pretty much every other player who has featured for them in this league.