Sons' sorrow

Aitken clearly want to go into full time management asap but I'm not sure if he would take the Raith job. There squad is a mess right now and ours is possibly stronger. Although he might think think he has to jump now because I can't see there being a vacancy in our league in the summer and I doubt a premiership club would go for him.

1 hour ago, cameron2000 said:

Aitken clearly want to go into full time management asap but I'm not sure if he would take the Raith job. There squad is a mess right now and ours is possibly stronger. Although he might think think he has to jump now because I can't see there being a vacancy in our league in the summer and I doubt a premiership club would go for him.

Whoever drops out of the Premier will probably empty their boss.  If Dundee Utd don't go up via the playoffs, they might get rid of McKinnon.  If they do go up, whichever Premier team they beat might dump their gaffer.

There will be at least one Championship team looking for a new manager over the summer.  I'll be gobsmacked if there isn't.

I think Stevie will want to finish the season with us, things have turned around and he probably wants to prove that he can keep us up. Maybe before the Bonnyrigg game he may have been tempted, but now, keeping us up this season which we all agreed was the hardest task yet will look great on his CV. There will definitely be teams in the championship looking for managers in the summer. Arithmetic aren't exactly a tempting proposition at the minute.

40 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Whoever drops out of the Premier will probably empty their boss.  If Dundee Utd don't go up via the playoffs, they might get rid of McKinnon.  If they do go up, whichever Premier team they beat might dump their gaffer.

There will be at least one Championship team looking for a new manager over the summer.  I'll be gobsmacked if there isn't.

Plus Hartley can't be far away from his next stroppy resignation.

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I always liked Aitken but I'm not sure a Dundee United or an ex premiership team would be keen on him. Think his level is championship tbh.

True, but the statement was that there wouldn't be any vacancies in the Championship in the summer, I think there will be.  Whether #stevieaitkentacticalgenius is a valid candidate or not is another matter.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Think he would need to spend another year as manager off Dumbarton in the Championship before anyone took note.    

Well, Raith did take note earlier this season, but they opted for the great Gary Locke instead!!!

Agree with you on the fact that he probably needs another season at Championship level to prove himself, not necessarily with us though.

Good luck to him.

More than replaceable IMO.

In a way it's probably better we know now so that Stevie and Stuart can start identifying his replacement, than only discovering when he signs a deal elsewhere in the summer.

It's a strange one, but given Jim Duffy's abillity to turn a fairly mediocre squad into arguably the team of the season I wouldn't be shocked to see him do pretty well.

In a way it's probably better we know now so that Stevie and Stuart can start identifying his replacement, than only discovering when he signs a deal elsewhere in the summer.

It's a strange one, but given Jim Duffy's abillity to turn a fairly mediocre squad into arguably the team of the season I wouldn't be shocked to see him do pretty well.

Fully agreed.

Can't be doing with an Agnew type situation where he leaves it as late as possible to inform us if he's staying or leaving.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Good luck to him.

More than replaceable IMO.

Apparently he will be signing a 2 year deal with them. I would love to know what Duffy has seen that absolutely none of our fans have. He has ability in areas, but overall he has far too many weak areas. All the best to him when he leaves, but as previously stated, 100% not irreplaceable.

Cue Thommo going on a mad scoring spree, banging in 12 goals in our remaining 12 games and everyone on here in 3 months saying we should offer him a grand a week and a loan of Jardine's car to keep him. Pre-contracts aren't set in stone after all...

Edited by The Moonster

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Cue Thommo going on a mad scoring spree, banging in 12 goals in our remaining 12 games and everyone on here in 3 months saying we should offer him a grand a week and a loan of Jardine's car to keep him. Pre-contracts aren't set in stone after all...

I'm sure we'd all be happy with that :lol: if it aided us staying up this season.