Sons' sorrow

9 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Paddy on the Facebook page:

"I left my Manager post with Mid Annandale FC just after pre season this year in July due to me relocating from Gretna back to Glasgow. Had numerous offers, senior and junior however awaiting the right opportunity to get back on the training ground!"

Bring. Him. Home Back.

If we needed someone to take charge of training/the Arbroath game I’d absolutely rather him than Durrant for the bantz.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There's some absolute gold being dropped on the Facebook group.

90% of our support are absolute lunatics.

Yep, like the guy who came along to the cup final and then becomes the most opinionated fan going and acts like he has been going for years. 

10 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken said:

If we needed someone to take charge of training/the Arbroath game I’d absolutely rather him than Durrant for the bantz.

I'd be quite happy to have him as a first-team coach or striker coach (like Livingston did with John Hartson). If nothing else he knows the club well, and has a bit of (incoming John Hughes-ism) PASHUN.

Jamie Ewings was a good 'keeper for us, so everyone agreed it was good to see him becoming a coach. Doing the same with Paddy would be amazing.

Murray/Flannery dream team please DFC :wub:

Ah, yes, the self-proclaimed best fans in the world.
Going to get a wave from Garry Fleming while your own club is playing. He’s right, we just wouldn’t understand that level of commitment.
I'll be honest I'm finding the Aitken out mob just as annoying as the blind loyalty mob but that real supporter stuff seriously grinds my gears. Particularly when they are choosing to watch games involving ex players rather than their own team.

I'm glad that the majority of the folk on here (apart from Moonster) are normal.

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'll be honest I'm finding the Aitken out mob just as annoying as the blind loyalty mob but that real supporter stuff seriously grinds my gears. Particularly when they are choosing to watch games involving ex players rather than their own team.

I'm glad that the majority of the folk on here (apart from Moonster) are normal.

Its a relief most people on the Facebook group seem unaware of Pie and Bovril's existence!

But yeah, a lot of the Aitken out mob are just as bad.

Edited by Stevie Aitken

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

From what I've heard this morning there is an early leading contender who is very highly thought of by the board. He's made his interest clear and is keen on it.

Early doors but I wouldn't be fully against him.

Spill the beans, you tease...

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm not wanting to go too baw deep just now and start spraying names around until I can confirm the truth in it.

He's currently in a job FWIW, but no compo would be required from what I'm told.

Understandable. I'll see if I can figure it out. Interesting you say he's in a job, but not necessarily a managerial role...

Mornin' troops, how are the overhangs?

I don't know who BBPF's mystery "come and get me" person is, but if a suitably qualified female of the species applied for the job do you think that the club would be brave enough (in terms of being first in this country to do so) to employ her. (I'm sure she'd know how to stiffen the defence. :whistle)

And if they want Durran-Durrant to quit tell him they are appointing Neil Simpson.

Aye, so the name I was given earlier was Jim Jeffries. The update I just got there was a bit different from the update I got earlier that suggested it was very likely to happen.

He's apparently good friends with a board member (nae idea who) and was interested in a short term deal to steady the ship. I am now being told though he's very comfortable in his job at Edinburgh City and the club are keen to see the calibre of applicants before deciding.

Sounds like he's in the running but perhaps not the "leading contender", as was suggested earlier.

Really, really don't know how I feel about him. Perhaps not fully against, but not exactly delighted to hear his name mentioned.

4 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Stevie has his say in the Sun. IMG_1891.jpg

For the people outside of Dumbarton/ have little understand of the game outside the premiership. I am sure it will be read as “ah great guy, did his best, not really his fault.

For everyone else, good guy, he gave it his best shot and had some brilliant games but also he bottled it and couldn’t get his team to perform. Bonnierigg, cup final, play off final.

BUT. He’s gone now no enough of him.

Duffy would be a shout but it feels like he’s on the managerial loop with the likes of McIntyre and co.

My thoughts, based purely on heart rather than head, knowledge of them being any good would be Paddy Flannery or someone new. I remember before we got Murray all the usuals names of the time were banded about then he drops in from nowhere. So someone different then go for it.

My thoughts on Flannery (again if any good and from the minimal digging I have done, he’s alright) we have a fans favourite, bit of fan at heart. Who can steady the ship and build from where we are. A chairman and board with the clubs interest at their hearts (rocky times to come I’m sure with ownership) and would love to see the club get explayers back involved more.