Sons' sorrow

Reid - Ex Morton
Duffy - Ex Morton
McLaughlin - Ex Morton

Have we learned nothing from Aitken - Ex Morton?   (@Aitken's Army, this is just a joke) 
To be perfectly honest, and having watched from the sidelines for the past few weeks; the continued beatdown of 'Aitken's Army' has been nothing short of spectacular [emoji14]

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Was there not some crazy incident at Stamford Bridge involving Boy George being introduced to McLaughlin in some pre-match line-up thingy ?

I must admit having reservations about hitting enter after typing Boy George Joe McLaughlin into Google! clicky 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the club did the right thing IMO.  They were very strong allegations involving a relation of the management team (I believe), suspending him until the court case was heard was the right thing to do. I think "chucked on the scrap heap" is a bit strong too, we don't know what the club offered Nade in terms of support, or if Nade even wanted any help. And if Nade had been found guilty of battering his Mrs and threatening to kidnap a wean, people would be slaughtering the club for standing by him. 
Anyway, I hope he's okay and can get the help he needs.
I did say that the club wouldn't want the bad publicity and that Nade probably wouldn't want to play anyway. I wasn't criticising the club's handling of the situation.
My point is that the club could've came out after the court case and made a statement regarding Nade, thanking him for his service, wishing him well and giving him a proper farewell that us as fans never got the opportunity to do.

I would assume (with no news seemingly on the horizon today) that Durrant will be in charge for Saturday's trip to Gayfield - regardless of whether or not we appoint someone before then.
#Staunch 
I reckon any potential new manager is looking at Saturday and thinking f**k that. Away at the league leaders with potentially no training session beforehand would be a tall order and I don't imagine they'd be keen to get off to what would most likely be a losing start.

Starting afresh from next week with a couple of training sessions to iron some stuff out would be much more tempting IMO.

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I reckon any potential new manager is looking at Saturday and thinking f**k that. Away at the league leaders with potentially no training session beforehand would be a tall order and I don't imagine they'd be keen to get off to what would most likely be a losing start.

Starting afresh from next week with a couple of training sessions to iron some stuff out would be much more tempting IMO.

Interesting word you use there, with Davie of that ilk currently flying below the radar.

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I'm not sure, we play East Fife the following week who are the form team in the league, it's at home but given our record at home I'm not sure that's more palatable. I would hope the new man wants to get baw deep as soon as possible, Saturday is a free hit anyway.

Just now, TheChase said:
5 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:
Pitch vertidrained.
Pitch fed.
Swapped temp goals to other side of pitch(got to try something to change their fortunes):wacko:
I've done my bit for the new manager's first home game on the 27th. 
Down to them now.:thumsup2

Who's the new manager?

I'm the last one they would tell.

Quite often they will watch from the stands before formally taking over. Either way, I'm happy the club aren't rushing into an appointment.

19 minutes ago, albundy said:
1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Quite often they will watch from the stands before formally taking over. Either way, I'm happy the club aren't rushing into an appointment.

Walter Smith? Neil Rankine?

Jim McIntyre in to 1/5 for the Dundee job. Jim Duffy now out to 33/1 - the same odds as Jackie McNamara and Ian Cathro.

Edit: Jim McIntyre appointed Dundee manager. In ye come Jim (Duffy).

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/jim-mcintyre-appointed-manager/

Edited by Ross Forbes