Sons' sorrow

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You really wanted the club to stick their fingers in their ears and act as if nothing had happened?  Letting him continue to play would be seen as support for him anyway, and as I've stated I'm sure this lassie was a relation of Ian Durrant, how exactly does that dynamic play out if you let Nade continue to play and fight his court case/depression at the same time?  It's a recipe for disaster and an additional headache that we really didn't need at that time of the season.  We made the right call.

You're probably right. It was an unfortunate situation, at least its over now.

The fact that a relation of a member of the management team is/was irrelevant, tbh.

I'm not disagreeing with the way that the club did things, just pointing out that whether the lassie was related to someone at the club or not, that shouldn't have influenced the way that the club handled it.  To handle it in a different way depending on that could be seen as discriminatory.

24 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

The fact that a relation of a member of the management team is/was irrelevant, tbh.

I'm not disagreeing with the way that the club did things, just pointing out that whether the lassie was related to someone at the club or not, that shouldn't have influenced the way that the club handled it.  To handle it in a different way depending on that could be seen as discriminatory.

The club would have been hung out to dry had they continued to play Nade after his arrest and the decision by the PF to prosecute the case.  They acted correctly as others have said. 

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

5 minutes ago, the snudge said:

How the f**k is it irrelevant? It's highly relevant. 

I'm just saying would he have got treated differently if he had been investigated/charged with harassing a partner who was no relation to anyone at the club?  The answer should be no, which means that the fact that Durrant was involved should be irrelevant.

I understand that it added complication to the situation for the club, but in terms of action taken, it's an irrelevant fact.

"Former Millwall assistant Joe McLaughlin has applied for the vacancy at Dumbarton along with Brian Reid, who was coach at Pafos with Steven Pressley until the pair were recently sacked by the Cyprus club, but former Morton manager Jim Duffy is favourite for the job at the League One club. "  (BBC Website)

4 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

"Former Millwall assistant Joe McLaughlin has applied for the vacancy at Dumbarton along with Brian Reid, who was coach at Pafos with Steven Pressley until the pair were recently sacked by the Cyprus club, but former Morton manager Jim Duffy is favourite for the job at the League One club. "  (BBC Website)

Reid - No

Duffy - Aye

McLaughlin - Part of me is tempted, the other part points out that it would be a total gamble that we really can't afford to take.

17 minutes ago, Old Scrotum said:

BBC lifting from the Sun

sun.jpg

1 hour ago, Old Scrotum said:

Disappointing lack of Barry Smith there.