Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
1 hour ago, Old Scrotum said:

I can sort of second the regard in which Toby is held as I've heard similar reports. Any DFC interest though may need to be medium term and fully thought through.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Even if he brought  some of the lads down once a week for training both they and Toby could gain experience.

I'd hate to see yet another local talent slip through the net.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suspect Dundee sacking their manager might hold up any move for Jim Duffy, he's likely to hope his ties there give him a shot.

I thought the very same. 

Absolutely bizarre that, in the space of about a month, he'll have been strongly linked with jobs in all four divisions (Dundee, Thistle, ourselves, Queen's Park).

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suspect Dundee sacking their manager might hold up any move for Jim Duffy, he's likely to hope his ties there give him a shot.

He would perhaps appeal to Dundee - No compensation/safe pair of hands etc. However, It is 13 years since Jim managed in the top league in Scotland. 

One thing that really appeals to me about him is that he's actually older than me by five months!

He would perhaps appeal to Dundee - No compensation/safe pair of hands etc. However, It is 13 years since Jim managed in the top league in Scotland. 
One thing that really appeals to me about him is that he's actually older than me by five months!
IIRC was Duffy's departure from Dundee not a bit odd ? I vaguely recall the team was doing OK when he was handed his P45. Or are my advancing years confusing me ?

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
11 minutes ago, Howlin said:

IIRC was Duffy's departure from Dundee not a bit odd ? I vaguely recall the team was doing OK when he was handed his P45. Or are my advancing years confusing me ?

They were top of the First Division (Championship) at the time- after only four games.

26 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

It would be nice to get Sons TV down for the manager to have a chat once everything sorted. 

Totally agree.

If we have someone in on Friday who is able to speak, and David's unavailable I know someone who should be able to get his hands on a broadcast camera and mic :ph34r:

I would hope that Dundee firing McCann would have no bearing on us potentially getting Duffy. Even though I'm not convinced it will be Duffy, I reckon they will look beyond him tbh, as has been mentioned above it's been a long time since he's been in the top flight.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a certain Mr. K. Miller promoted from player to player/manager. As if he didn't have that in mind when he joined them.......

48 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I wonder why Murray hasn't landed a job back in Scotland yet?  Forfar and even Albion Rovers not taking a chance on him. I'm assuming he applied for these. 

He talks about Asker of Norway here 

I remember hearing that. I find it very odd that neither of them would take Murray. I’d probably just about take Duffy over Murray, for the slight fear of him tarnishing his legacy.