Sons' sorrow

Have been talking to McBookie and have been promised odds on the next manager as soon as.
As soon as what? Dunno. But once I've received the e-mail I'll share it with you all.
They'll release odds once they accumulate enough names from here. Utterly clueless when it comes to the lower leagues.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Colin Nish has/had a superfan who happens to be a middle aged Japanese woman. She used to come to all our games to watch him and done the same when he left for Cowden.

How she ended up becoming a Colin Nish superfan I don't know.

Cheers...dont remember seeing her back in the day.Maybe his own private Geisha?weird

Cheers...dont remember seeing her back in the day.Maybe his own private Geisha?weird
She seemed friendly and harmless enough but he didn't come under too much pressure at Dumbarton.

She posted on here and I'd imagine things maybe got a little messier when he started managing Cowdenbeath and ultimately led them to relegation.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

She seemed friendly and harmless enough but he didn't come under too much pressure at Dumbarton.

She posted on here and I'd imagine things maybe got a little messier when he started managing Cowdenbeath and ultimately led them to relegation.

Did she give him grief personally? Seems odd following him to different clubs.I could understand a fan of a club having a go....

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Was that Rie???

Aye. 

Rie has an emotional attachment to Nishy. Her late father was a fan of him and out of respect Rie has kept an eye on his career ever since. She's still mental but in a nice way and endured almost every moment of Nish's tenure at Cowden, sticking up for him in the face of adversity. Not really any different to the rest of us except her affliction is to follow a single player/coach rather than a team. 

25 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
27 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:
Did she give him grief personally? Seems odd following him to different clubs.I could understand a fan of a club having a go....

No, I meant that she got very defensive of him when he got grief from supporters. I think this led to many vieweing her as a bit nuts.

To be fair, anyone who winds up Cowden fans is alright with me.

I loved Nishy as a player for us. He was unfairly maligned by a few of the fans.
Him as our manager would be a disaster, though.

My abiding memory of him is that any time he had to compete for a ball in the air, once the opposing player (nearly always) beat him to the ball he'd impersonate an aeroplane and look at the ref for a foul. He rarely got it.

2 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

My abiding memory of him is that any time he had to compete for a ball in the air, once the opposing player (nearly always) beat him to the ball he'd impersonate an aeroplane and look at the ref for a foul. He rarely got it.

I’d disagree, I think he got a hard time of it from referees. He was frequently fouled and it went ignored.

I’m still seething about him incorrectly being called offside at Ibrox as he was through on goal to put us 2-0 up.