Sons' sorrow

Not if a video of him, mculloch and Ferguson gets to our board. If I post it on Facebook, what would the legal ramifications be?

I haven’t seen the video but if it’s the one about events at the Bothwell Bridge Hotel Rangers Legends night last week it has been widely reported. The only untoward thing I heard was that Barry Ferguson said “F*ck the SFA” and “I hate they b*****ds” I hardly think that Durrant wouldn’t get a job because his wee ned of a pal used the wrong preposition.

I haven’t seen the video but if it’s the one about events at the Bothwell Bridge Hotel Rangers Legends night last week it has been widely reported. The only untoward thing I heard was that Barry Ferguson said “F*ck the SFA” and “I hate they b*****ds” I hardly think that Durrant wouldn’t get a job because his wee ned of a pal used the wrong preposition.

And durrant allegedly saying f*** the p***

And durrant allegedly saying f*** the p***

I know the one you’re taking about, the video is still on the ‘Rangers on Tour’ Facebook page anyway for all to see.

Not making any excuses, but why fans would video a private function like this and then post online is beyond me.

Hopefully this is a bit more accurate than the story claiming he was being appointed Queen’s Park manager.

He was interviewed by QP. I heard Duffy speak about it on Radio Scotland. It was along the lines of that he had spoken to Queens and after that he had informed them that after due consideration, he wasn’t going to pursue his interest in the vacancy and wished them well. The Sun may be flying a kite here but time will tell.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sun have this site monitored along with clubs unofficial FB pages and they write their stories based on what they see, just to get us fans buying their paper to see what they know that we don't.
I'm sure Ross Forbes will tell me journalists don't do such things and their 'sources' are 100% accurate lol

6 hours ago, Johnny Red said:

Not making any excuses, but why fans would video a private function like this and then post online is beyond me.

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. It’s equally stupid of the people speaking at a ‘private’ event to say anything like that, expecting it won’t come out (or maybe they just don’t care). In this day and age, everything makes it onto social media.

Its always sat very uncomfortably with me that we associated ourselves with Durrant, but I suppose plenty of ex/current players share his views, sadly.

Edited by FifeSons

7 hours ago, Johnny Red said:

I know the one you’re taking about, the video is still on the ‘Rangers on Tour’ Facebook page anyway for all to see.

Probably because they don't see any issue with its content.

As things stand, perhaps we should have made clear in the job spec that bigots and racists need not apply! Instant disqualifier for a chunk of our blue friends.

I'd be content with Duffy coming onboard although I'd be careful not to identify him as the messiah. Let's not forget Greenock being put on suicide watch when he was appointed Ton manager. Not too long ago his stock was in the gutter.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sun have this site monitored along with clubs unofficial FB pages and they write their stories based on what they see, just to get us fans buying their paper to see what they know that we don't.
I'm sure Ross Forbes will tell me journalists don't do such things and their 'sources' are 100% accurate lol
I think there is no doubt that journos feed off these sites; I'm sure the Livingston webmaster ran a spoof story a few years back and it was dutifully circulated in the press.
Times change and all that, but I have in my bureau drawer a buff envelope containing a scrap of paper on which is written the name of Dumbarton's next manager. Once international clearance is obtained I shall reveal it.

23 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think there is no doubt that journos feed off these sites; I'm sure the Livingston webmaster ran a spoof story a few years back and it was dutifully circulated in the press.
Times change and all that, but I have in my bureau drawer a buff envelope containing a scrap of paper on which is written the name of Dumbarton's next manager. Once international clearance is obtained I shall reveal it.

IM jetting in from Norway?

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

:lol: 

On a personal point-of-view I wouldn't ever write a story based purely on something I've read on here or on Facebook - unless it was one just throwing rumours around, or a 'fan reaction' type thing. P&B (and Facebook) can be useful for getting pointers though. The Ross Forbes story for example was on here, so I dug about a wee bit and found out that there was some truth in it. Without that initial comment Forbes would've been just one of thousands of free agent players we could've signed.

Duffy's a columnist for The Sun and their football coverage (as Wilf has said) is usually pretty good - so I'm hopeful that they've got this one right.