Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Seriously hope JD is in the frame....if not him im not sure who.

I personally reckon neither him or Murray, my two preferred choices, will have applied. I’d like to think we’d at least make an attempt to get Duffy, though.

I have a feeling it’s going to be someone completely out of left field, that hasn’t even been mentioned yet.

How did Davie Wilson's second spell go ? Not that well I recall. And yet John Lambie had three spells at one club - sometimes it works, most times it doesn't.
And I get the impression that Ian Murray would quickly get itchy feet again.
I largely agree with you that we shouldn't appoint a previous manager but mainly because I don't want their previous spell tarnished. Any appointment is a gamble even if they have previously been successful at the club and I've no doubt Ian Murray would get itchy feet in no time. But if he's being chased by other clubs then it means he's doing a good job with us. A win-win situation for everyone.

Slightly out of date as he doesn't play in the Premiership anymore but the striker interested in applying for the job is Brian Graham. 

He’s been quoted as Caldwell's assistant if he takes the Thistle job.
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3344813/celtic-gary-caldwell-partick-thistle-manager/

Duffy would be a great fit for the sons. The football isn't pretty but he'll get the players working hard and make the team hard to beat. He's got experience of league 1 and the championship too.  If he's interested it's a no brainer imo.

57 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Duffy would be a great fit for the sons. The football isn't pretty but he'll get the players working hard and make the team hard to beat. He's got experience of league 1 and the championship too.  If he's interested it's a no brainer imo.

Yeah i agree, although some of the football you played under JD wasnt that bad to watch IMO.He would turn our current predicament around im sure of that.Its a case of if he wants a gig with us.Also it depends on the board they may well want someone new and untried.

8 hours ago, Stevie Aitken said:

I have a feeling it’s going to be someone completely out of left field, that hasn’t even been mentioned yet.

Gentlemen, I give you................................................... Barry Ferguson, MBE.