Sons' sorrow

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Who's been released that would be a decent signing?

There’s been a fair few and a fair few have been snapped up already. There’s a thread pinned in here and most likely one in the Championship forum with the released lists.

7 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Saw East Fife have signed Mark McGuigan. That could’ve been decent for us.

Suppose we were never going to be signing anyone until it’s confirmed which league we’ll be playing in.

I know, I know, it was just a wee joke. Even if we were safe though, it would be the most undumbarton like thing in the world to be signing players this early. We don’t do being well prepared.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There’s been a fair few and a fair few have been snapped up already. There’s a thread pinned in here and most likely one in the Championship forum with the released lists.

I know, I know, it was just a wee joke. Even if we were safe though, it would be the most undumbarton like thing in the world to be signing players this early. We don’t do being well prepared.

Well at least history would certainly suggest that we'll be quick to react as soon as we find out which division we're in tonight...

An abomination in comparison to some of the more recent work done, embarrassing in all honesty.

Some of the media work and social media stuff we’ve been dropping lately has been top notch but what in gods name is that silent slideshow thing we’ve just put up!?

What's new for everyone, inviting fans to get in contact via phone for a ticket but just completely ignore any contact made via phone? Not really acceptable and poor from the club in terms of customer service. If we aren't going to respond to any voicemails, don't invite folk to contact by phone [emoji1745]

There's 300 tickets. The middle area is for BBC crew, teams, staff and Neil Doncaster. 
150 fans in the home end, 150 in the away. Turnstiles are in operation which I find a bit strange. I get the frustration but the club have done well in the last few days to pull this together. This is new for everyone and hopefully it doesn't carry on into next season

43 minutes ago, microdave said:

Hmm.

It’s not clear on Companies House site but looks like the charge is over the section of land they want to build on not the stadium itself. Ps once they build the planned houses there looks to be hee  haw parking available!

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

Just now, super-son said:

It could be they are taking out a loan to fund the new stadium build and then they plan to repay the loan by selling the existing site after the move has taken place

Far too early in the process for that.

Just looked again and the area the charge is over is the same as the previous charge in favour of Mr N Rankine. So putting 2 and 2 together maybe this is to give Neilly-boy the dough he is owed!

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

1 minute ago, super-son said:
1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:
Far too early in the process for that.

Has the loan been granted? Maybe they are testing the waters for it?

I think I'm right in saying that they wouldn't be registering the charge against the land in the creditor's name if it hadn't been agreed. But I highly doubt that they'd be taking out finance to build a stadium when they don't even have planning consent for a stadium yet.

1 minute ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Just looked again and the area the charge is over is the same as the previous charge in favour of Mr N Rankine. So putting 2 and 2 together maybe this is to give Neilly-boy the dough he is owed!

That sounds more like it.

19 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

I'd guess along those lines, aye. It makes no sense for these owners to lose our land over a loan, so I'm sure this is probably well planned.

One thing is clear though, whilst all this stuff might not be entirely sinister, when the owners of your club start pressing ahead with all this shit before they've even said a word to fans, it is concerning. I hope this is just naivety rather than anything deliberate. 

Get tonight out the way and the real work starts tomorrow.

1. I'd hope that the club is looking for a new manager tomorrow morning.
  2. The board are actively engaging with fans.
  3. The owners are being pressed for answers.
  4. The supporters trust have a prominent role in all of this to make sure that fan interests are being represented

We've got a hell of a lot of work to do and a short period in which to do it. We're also far from certainty over fans at games next season. I'd happily buy a season ticket (assuming an end to total duffball) if the club could guarantee access to the webcasts or to the stadium - preferably both. Regardless of whether I'd be in the stadium or watching from home for part of next season, they can have my money and start building for next season.

That must be it as Rankine would be unlikely to agree to a second charge. Would make sense for new owners to pay him off. Although oddly enough I think I’d rather owe the money to Rankine than to some unknown finance company