Sons' sorrow

I saw on Twitter that the Rangers B game tonight has been delayed whilst they try and make the goalmouth playable. 

Can't help but fear we might end up facing a hell of a fixture backlog if we get a prolonged period of wet weather in February/March. The pitch was looking like an absolute nightmare on Saturday and it's not really going to have any time off between now and May.

The offending Twitter post of Paton's is an absolute disgrace.  I would hope someone at the club has spoken with him, and hasn't pulled any punches.  I'd also hope that we out out a statement fully distancing ourselves from his, quite frankly disgusting and skewed views on the subject at hand.  Is he bringing the club into disrepute with the posting of his views? Perhaps? I don't know enough about that sort of thing and whether it meets that threshold, but given what he's said and what his feelings on it all clearly are, if we decided to empty him as a result of bringing the club into disrepute, I can't say I'd be unhappy in the slightest.

I don’t think we need to go sacking folk over having an opinion, even if it is an absolutely bizarre one that probably all of us massively disagree with. Complete double standards from the club regarding what paid staff are allowed to post and what volunteers are allowed to post though. I’m not convinced they’ll have said a thing to Paton considering some of the drivel the GK coach has been posting all season.

Regarding that Rangers B game - I’m sure they must be delighted at having to call games off at the last minute when they are paying good money for the use of the pitch. Not that I give a flying f**k about them, but it’s more amateur pish from us.

I saw on Twitter that the Rangers B game tonight has been delayed whilst they try and make the goalmouth playable. 
Can't help but fear we might end up facing a hell of a fixture backlog if we get a prolonged period of wet weather in February/March. The pitch was looking like an absolute nightmare on Saturday and it's not really going to have any time off between now and May.

Got until the 19th of this month so bout 2 weeks not getting played on need the sun to come out

Was there any word about why MacLean was out yesterday? Really hoping he didn't pick up an injury that will keep him out for any length of time as he was just starting to contribute a bit more on the pitch.
Apologies if I missed anything that was reported already.

He picked up a knock in training on Thursday. Apparently it was touch and go for yesterday and he could be back for Tuesday, if not then he should be back for Saturday.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He picked up a knock in training on Thursday. Apparently it was touch and go for yesterday and he could be back for Tuesday, if not then he should be back for Saturday.

That isn't so bad then. Hoping he can pick up with his form then on Tuesday...

Paton’s Tweet picked up by the media! 

Wonder when players will realise that posting their opinions online can have consequences even if you delete it from public view.  Very silly thing to do I expect he’ll be getting a one way conversation from the Dumbarton Directors. Hope his mental health isn’t effected by the backlash he’s likely to get.  

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19898372.paul-paton-brands-raith-rovers-honking-club-releasing-david-goodwillie-deleted-tweet/

Edited by San Starko Rover

29 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Paton’s Tweet picked up by the media! 

Wonder when players will realise that posting their opinions online can have consequences even if you delete it from public view.  Very silly thing to do I expect he’ll be getting a one way conversation from the Dumbarton Directors. Hope his mental health isn’t effected by the backlash he’s likely to get.  

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/19898372.paul-paton-brands-raith-rovers-honking-club-releasing-david-goodwillie-deleted-tweet/

Unless he's upset Brian from Cumbernauld, he won't get any grief from our board.

Edited by Boghead ranter