Sons' sorrow

On 24/06/2023 at 07:46, BallochSonsFan said:

I actually wouldn't have been surprised if Stirling Albion had fancied him, given that they'll know all about him from last season.  

I doubt there's wiggle room in Darren's budget for the sort of fee discussed  on here in relation to Gray.  Even less likely that fee would be considered when we already have good established central midfield options in Banner and Leitch.  Gray is a good player and I can see why you would think he might be an option for us if he wants away.  I don't think we are likely to pinch him off you with that sort of price tag on him though.   It's  unlikely to be where we are cash wise right now.  

53 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I doubt there's wiggle room in Darren's budget for the sort of fee discussed  on here in relation to Gray.  Even less likely that fee would be considered when we already have good established central midfield options in Banner and Leitch.  Gray is a good player and I can see why you would think he might be an option for us if he wants away.  I don't think we are likely to pinch him off you with that sort of price tag on him though.   It's  unlikely to be where we are cash wise right now.  

We'll throw in Gregg Wylde too.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Another teaser of the strips. Just show us the fucking things :lol:

Is that Ryan Wallace in the home one? I was staring at it for ages this morning, and I think it's him - but without a beard. I've literally stood directly opposite him and spoken to him, but I would struggle to recognise him in the street clean shaven :lol:

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Is that Ryan Wallace in the home one? I was staring at it for ages this morning, and I think it's him - but without a beard. I've literally stood directly opposite him and spoken to him, but I would struggle to recognise him in the street clean shaven :lol:

I thought it was Gregg Wylde :lol:

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I thought it was Gregg Wylde :lol:

10 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I thought it was Wylde too. It wasn't a quick one to recognise, but I thought that looked like Wylde's nose 😂

:lol: Woops

Aye it looks like Wylde now you mention it. I was completely thrown by it!

Dumbarton have entered a team in WOS u/20 development league. They are in 

Conference C
Clydebank
Dumbarton
Glasgow University
Greenock Juniors
Johnstone Burgh
Knightswood
Maryhill
Renfrew
St Anthony’s
St Peter’s
Thorn Athletic
Vale of Leven

League cup section is Dumbarton, Clydebank and Vale of Leven

Season will start on the 4th of August with the Player Data League Cup Sections. 14 sections, winners and 2 best runners up into the Last 16.

On 24/06/2023 at 11:35, Jan Vojáček said:

I was told by someone involved in football at that level that EK paid in the region of £7k for a player from St Cadoc's. And I'm sure Mick Kennedy's Darvel paid a five figure free (so 10k, let's be honest) for Ross Meechan.

Given that Gray is proven at a far higher level than the St Cadoc's guy and has a higher ceiling and more resale value than Meechan, I'd be expecting a fairly healthy fee. EK clearly have the dough to pay a fair price. And there's not a hope in hell that we'd turn down any form of reasonable offer.

I know a lad whos signed for EK, the money is mental. 

54 minutes ago, Helensburgh_Accent said:

good

Bit Harsh. Andy’s a great guy and has volunteered for years taking brilliant pictures and getting nothing in return.

You hide behind your wee anonymous user name getting a wee chubby at someone resigning from a voluntary post. Weirdo!