Sons' sorrow

8 hours ago, microdave said:

The late kick off took me being there out of my hands (which I'm pleased about) but I'll definitely buy a ticket to stop it going to an opposing fan. Maybe even two but that seems a bit daft.

That’s my plan. I can’t go but want to play my part in limiting the number of away fans in the ground. £22 seems a small price to pay to achieve that.

15 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Our parking always gets you a 50/50 ticket. What do you mean by "only those who paid for tickets", anyone who uses parking at the ground will receive a draw ticket and a split of that parking money goes to the prize. 

Is it that £9.50 goes to the club and 50p goes to the winner of the 50:50?

10 minutes ago, strichener said:

Is it that £9.50 goes to the club and 50p goes to the winner of the 50:50?

You seem to be struggling with the concept of a 50/50 draw.

So yes.

£1.00 will go into the 50/50 fund, along with any 50/50 ticket money sold within the ground. 50% of that fund goes to the winner. 50% goes to the club.

Meaning £9.50 of any parking payment goes to the club.

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

You seem to be struggling with the concept of a 50/50 draw.

So yes.

£1.00 will go into the 50/50 fund, along with any 50/50 ticket money sold within the ground. 50% of that fund goes to the winner. 50% goes to the club.

Meaning £9.50 of any parking payment goes to the club.

I wasn't struggling at all, it seems a strange thing to do and I was asking on the financial mechanics of it.  Now that I have had this explained to me, I still think it's a strange way to price your parking.

38 minutes ago, strichener said:

I wasn't struggling at all, it seems a strange thing to do and I was asking on the financial mechanics of it.  Now that I have had this explained to me, I still think it's a strange way to price your parking.

I'm not sure why you're finding this odd. They're not the only club to ever do it and it makes a bit of sense. Slightly placates those paying for parking that they've a wee chance of actually winning a prize and boosts the half time draw takings with presumably lots of entrants who wouldn't otherwise have bothered / stopped to buy a ticket.

I imagine it significantly increases the prize fund for the half time draw and makes it a more interest grabbing sum to win.

Whilst I think a tenner for parking is extortionate by the levels we are used to. I'd also say it's not uncommon for big events. Rangers themselves charge a tenner for their Albion Street car park - and it's £11 to park at the Hydro/SECC.

https://ask.rangers.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/4412221170705-How-much-does-it-cost-for-car-parking-

31 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Whilst I think a tenner for parking is extortionate by the levels we are used to. I'd also say it's not uncommon for big events. Rangers themselves charge a tenner for their Albion Street car park - and it's £11 to park at the Hydro/SECC.

https://ask.rangers.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/4412221170705-How-much-does-it-cost-for-car-parking-

I see what point you are making Jan, but the two car parks you mention are not puddle-ridden waste ground.  This is profiteering on the grand scale and I don't care who the opposition is - any incoming criticism will be deserved.

33 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

What sort of additional costs are we dealing with that requires a £10 parking ticket on top of the already inflated £22 ticket price? I'm all for the club maximising income but the pricing and kicking regular punters out the bar to serve more meals to fair weather Rangers fans doesn't quite sit right for me. 

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I see what point you are making Jan, but the two car parks you mention are not puddle-ridden waste ground.  This is profiteering on the grand scale and I don't care who the opposition is - any incoming criticism will be deserved.

You are more paying for convenience than facilities with car parks I find. If folk don't mind a walk then they'll park somewhere else, get the train or (I'd imagine this will be the case with the entire away end given the scarcity of tickets) come on a supporters' bus.

Back in the glory days we used to be charged a fiver to park at Livingston, but it was often easier than finding somewhere else - and avoided the stress of a fine for parking in the Lidl across the road. And that car park wasn't massively different to our own (albeit with less risk of flying footballs).

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What sort of additional costs are we dealing with that requires a £10 parking ticket on top of the already inflated £22 ticket price? I'm all for the club maximising income but the pricing and kicking regular punters out the bar to serve more meals to fair weather Rangers fans doesn't quite sit right for me. 

I'd imagine we'll have to have considerably more stewarding and we'll have to have a police presence. Which we don't normally have these days. Which is going to cost the club a fair bit.

Discounted parking for ST holders would've been a good compromise here imo. A fiver (or even the usual £3). But I don't think £10 is massively unusual for what will be (lolz, I know) one of the biggest sporting events on in the country that day and for a car park that is within a stone's throw of the ground.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not sure why you're finding this odd. They're not the only club to ever do it and it makes a bit of sense. Slightly placates those paying for parking that they've a wee chance of actually winning a prize and boosts the half time draw takings with presumably lots of entrants who wouldn't otherwise have bothered / stopped to buy a ticket.

I imagine it significantly increases the prize fund for the half time draw and makes it a more interest grabbing sum to win.

They would be as well charging a fiver and throwing in a "free" half time pie. 🙄

33 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

You are more paying for convenience than facilities with car parks I find. If folk don't mind a walk then they'll park somewhere else, get the train or (I'd imagine this will be the case with the entire away end given the scarcity of tickets) come on a supporters' bus.

Back in the glory days we used to be charged a fiver to park at Livingston, but it was often easier than finding somewhere else - and avoided the stress of a fine for parking in the Lidl across the road. And that car park wasn't massively different to our own (albeit with less risk of flying footballs).

I'd imagine we'll have to have considerably more stewarding and we'll have to have a police presence. Which we don't normally have these days. Which is going to cost the club a fair bit.

Discounted parking for ST holders would've been a good compromise here imo. A fiver (or even the usual £3). But I don't think £10 is massively unusual for what will be (lolz, I know) one of the biggest sporting events on in the country that day and for a car park that is within a stone's throw of the ground.

This largely, though the slight difference with Livi is there really wasn't any alternative parking anywhere near. There's plenty on street parking around Dumbarton's ground, subject to the number of streets coned off for it I suppose.

Tend to agree discounting parking for a season ticket holder would be a good compromise, especially given they have an separate opportuity to buy anyway so it's not going to need any more admin.

Policing and stewarding will be a significant cost, obviously. Likely to be a good few thousand pounds.

14 minutes ago, strichener said:

They would be as well charging a fiver and throwing in a "free" half time pie. 🙄

Why would they "be as well" doing that? You're taking a very bizarre tack on this.