Sons' sorrow

RE playoff dates the only things I can think are either if someone is going to grab them (probably the final) for TV. I'm sure they've been on Mondays and Fridays before? And secondly it could depend who is in them. I've no idea if there are could be any clashes seen as the split hasn't been decided yet ; but Police in Edinburgh might not want Spartans at home for a 'big' playoff game at the same time as Celtic/Rangers are in Edinburgh - for example?

That might all be nonsense. But it's the best guess I could come up with.

Pretty sure last year games were moved for ground shares etc (Clyde/Hamilton) so maybe they are waiting for more likelihood on who’s going to be involved before announcing set dates. TV probably has a say too mind you

I think if we can better East Fife’s result this weekend, it’ll be job done or very, very close. The next 4 (including this Saturday) are very good opportunities to pick up lots of points.

16 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I think if we can better East Fife’s result this weekend, it’ll be job done or very, very close. The next 4 (including this Saturday) are very good opportunities to pick up lots of points.

You've just Faz'ed it.

Would we prefer to finish 3rd, rather than 2nd, if the prize is avoiding a midweek trip to Peterheed?

Could feasibly end up going there on the final day of the league season actively trying to avoid victory 😵‍💫. Nae problem for Faz.

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

Would we prefer to finish 3rd, rather than 2nd, if the prize is avoiding a midweek trip to Peterheed?

Could feasibly end up going there on the final day of the league season actively trying to avoid victory 😵‍💫. Nae problem for Faz.

We'd probably end up winning by accident. 

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/update-of-incident-at-east-fife-vs-dumbarton-march-9th-2024/

This surely makes their position on the Trust board and as bar manager untenable?

What a strange and overly-convoluted decision. Looks like we're just making it up as we go along. 

I feel like we're none the wiser as to whether this alleged incident actually happened in the way that was described in press reports. Surely if it did, the zero-tolerance approach they keep harping on about would have meant a forever ban and police action?

7 minutes ago, George Parr said:

What a strange and overly-convoluted decision. Looks like we're just making it up as we go along. 

I feel like we're none the wiser as to whether this alleged incident actually happened in the way that was described in press reports. Surely if it did, the zero-tolerance approach they keep harping on about would have meant a forever ban and police action?

You could have hit on something there, but who knows.