Sons' sorrow

Indeed, great night, don't actually feel as bad for it as I thought I would.

Was surprised when Scott Smith said hibs were releasing him, especially after doing such a good job for us. I'd take him in heartbeat.

Jim Listers speech :D brilliant!

Meant to add...

Can't believe the bar ran out of Tennents half an hour into the night and didn't manage to source more from somewhere. Then they ran out of all lager bar Miller, boufin.

We should be runnin' that shit ourselves and getting maximum profit. Must have made an absolute killing yesterday.

Is it true we only get a rental fee each year and dont benefit from pie sales, bar sales and hospitality sales? Seems crazy.

Can't quite understand why Hibs aren't giving Smith a chance; they've had a generally poor season and Scott's had a very succesful season in the First Division. Would've thought that they'd give him pre-season.

Hope that McGinn is given an opportunity to prove himself at Saint Mirren, as I definitely feel he is good enough.

Can't quite understand why Hibs aren't giving Smith a chance; they've had a generally poor season and Scott's had a very succesful season in the First Division. Would've thought that they'd give him pre-season.

Hope that McGinn is given an opportunity to prove himself at Saint Mirren, as I definitely feel he is good enough.

If St. Mirren aren't using McGinn next season we'll have him back. Cracking wee player.

Immediately after the game, the boss told reporters:

“In the pre-season there will be a few ins and outs, obviously, like any club. Next season will be harder, because other teams know what we are about now.”

He continued: “Our opponents know about our strengths and weaknesses, so we will have to adapt our game a little bit and change a few things. This season we were a bit of an unknown quantity, and we were able to pick up; but I don't think teams will make the same mistake next year.”

I don't like the sound of that, i think it could mean Jimmy will be off.

I think it's almost certain that Lster will leave in the summer. One long running rumour is that Raith are interested. Another is that he would prefer to drop down a division as he finds the level of commitment required to do fitness work out with his club hours too much alongside his full-time job. Not sure what to make of either but if he was to go it'd be with the best wishes of every fan I'm sure.

If I was a betting man...which I am...I'd have money on White, Creaney, Gilhaney, McNiff, Nicoll, Turner, Ronald, Lamont, Forsyth and Johnston all leaving in the summer. Some as I feel they're out their depth at this level, some a gut feeling and another who I feel may be poached by a 'bigger' club.

Would like to keep Gilhaney, been a standout since Murray took over, prefer him to McDougall. I have no doubt Turner will have caught the attention of some bigger clubs but if no offers come his way I reckon he'll sign on for next term.

I see Donnelly has had his contract terminated at Airdrie. Would take a risk on him, clearly a player in there somewhere.

I think it's almost certain that Lster will leave in the summer. One long running rumour is that Raith are interested. Another is that he would prefer to drop down a division as he finds the level of commitment required to do fitness work out with his club hours too much alongside his full-time job. Not sure what to make of either but if he was to go it'd be with the best wishes of every fan I'm sure.

If I was a betting man...which I am...I'd have money on White, Creaney, Gilhaney, McNiff, Nicoll, Turner, Ronald, Lamont, Forsyth and Johnston all leaving in the summer. Some as I feel they're out their depth at this level, some a gut feeling and another who I feel may be poached by a 'bigger' club.

Which 'White' would this be?

It'll be disappointing if Lister leaves, whatever the reason, but as you say he should leave with our best wishes after what he's achieved as part of this team this season.

I'd actually be surprised if any from that list in your second paragraph were retained tbh. It will be interesting to see who of our 'main stays' are offered terms. I doubt Murray will want to keep all of our regular starters, so it'll be interesting to see who 'makes the grade' in his eyes.

I'd like us to keep the core of our side in Graham, Lithgow, Turner, Agnew and Lister, as well as Prunty and Gilhaney, although I'm not sure he'll even be actively looking to keep all of them.

He'll have his own targets and from his comments, he might be eyeing us playing in a different style next season, so who knows what players he'll have on his list for the summer. That said, I too would like to keep Scott Smith if possible, and he's being released by Hibs, so that could be a realistic possibility.

ETA: I'd also like to keep Garry Fleming, he's been as big a part of the core of our side this season as any.

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

It'll be disappointing if Lister leaves, whatever the reason, but as you say he should leave with our best wishes after what he's achieved as part of this team this season.

I'd actually be surprised if any from that list in your second paragraph were retained tbh. It will be interesting to see who of our 'main stays' are offered terms. I doubt Murray will want to keep all of our regular starters, so it'll be interesting to see who 'makes the grade' in his eyes.

I'd like us to keep the core of our side in Graham, Lithgow, Turner, Agnew and Lister, as well as Prunty and Gilhaney, although I'm not sure he'll even be actively looking to keep all of them.

He'll have his own targets and from his comments, he might be eyeing us playing in a different style next season, so who knows what players he'll have on his list for the summer. That said, I too would like to keep Scott Smith if possible, and he's being released by Hibs, so that could be a realistic possibility.

Thomas Mueller has always impressed me....

Tomorrow night will tell us a lot but I would IMO the loan boys will all leave and it will be Bye Bye James Creaney.

We will just wait and see :)

If there is a god big Jim will stay though :)

I'd keep : Graham, Lithgow, Smith, Turner, Aggy, Gils, Fleming, Lister

Not bothered about: Prunty - Good guy, has been a good servant, however is too slow and we need pace up front, will always score goals though. I think if Jimmy goes, Murray will keep Prunts.

McDougall - Great player when he wants to be, too lazy and inconsistent, his fitness looks pretty poor, maybe he's struggled with PT training. Wouldn't mind keeping him on, but I reckon he's on a big wage, which could be spent on a more consistent player, or two.

Ewings - I'm a big fan of his, however unfortunately I don't think he'll be kept on, due to work commitments.

Grindlay - I hate him because he is local. Decent keeper, but makes lots of mistakes, albeit he also makes some brilliant, important saves. I'd keep him, but as sub keeper.

McNiff - He had some good games (And of course some awful ones) before going out on loan, I reckon he could be decent cover. I rate him higher than that Urquhart we got on loan from The Rangers.

I don't think Lithgow and Graham, who I feel have been a very good partnership, will be our centre backs next season. Firstly because I think Lithgow will want full-time football, and secondly, I don't think Murray likes two right-footed centre backs, hence playing Smith there even with Lithgow fit.