Sons' sorrow

My mistake, thought they were higher.

Still though the boys played a lot of international games for the youths. Harsh to write him off just cause the NI first team aren't great.

Not harsh BBPF, idiotic.

Nothern Ireland and Wales have historically been pretty pish - did that make George Best and Ryan Giggs diddies ??

Not harsh BBPF, idiotic.

Nothern Ireland and Wales have historically been pretty pish - did that make George Best and Ryan Giggs diddies ??

Nope but they should've had more caps. They realised they played with diddies. I hate all this "hes too young" pish. Throw them in and see how they do. I'd rather let our young players act as cover than have in a loan signing eating into the budget

Nope but they should've had more caps. They realised they played with diddies. I hate all this "hes too young" pish. Throw them in and see how they do. I'd rather let our young players act as cover than have in a loan signing eating into the budget

I don't really know the ins and outs of loan deals but I wouldn't imagine they would eat into our budget very much.

Anyway, quiz night, you in?

But young players don't develop much when acting only as cover.

Coleman will be pushing to become a first team regular at Kilbirnie, the same with Mitchell if he arrives at The Rock. We need competition for places at the back and Mitchell would provide that. The players in our team knew they wouldn't be dropped for Coleman due to his inexperience.

Unfortunately as a team who will be involved in a relegation battle we aren't in a position to throw 17 year olds into the CB position having never kicked a ball professionally before.

Unfortunately as a team who will be involved in a relegation battle we aren't in a position to throw 17 year olds into the CB position having never kicked a ball professionally before.

It worked with Nicky Devlin? All right it was in the (old) second division but still...

I always thought Micthell was a centre mid, who could also play as a right back.

The ever (un)reliable Wikipedia says he's a midfielder who played a couple of games for Rangers at right back. If the red tops say he's a defender then they're probably referring to the Rangers games he featured at RB, and the good folks of P&B have just assumed he's a centre half and this thrilling discussion is the result. Clear as mud.

Edit: Wiki also says he started out at Man City before joining the Rangers youth squad. A fairly impressive pedigree for a young lad, but I'll wait and see if anything comes of this speculation.

Edited by Sweet Pete

AN AREA on Dumbarton’s waterfront could be redeveloped with nearly 40 flat and houses if planning permission is given the go ahead.

housingdfcsite.jpg1379604710438764384.jp

A report on two planning applications will be put to West Dunbartonshire Council on September 25, and involves the redevelopment of land around Dumbarton Football Club’s stadium.

Two applications have been submitted by Denny’s Homes, one for a housing development, and another for full planning permission to build associated roads and drainage infrastructure which is outwith the boundary of the permission in principle.

This relates to two different parts of land.

The first is a strip along the west side of Castle Road to the north of the stadium, on which it is proposed to erect five detached, two-storey houses with driveways onto Castle Road.

The second site is the north western corner of the stadium site, adjacent to the River Leven and an as yet unbuilt section of the neighbouring housing development.

On this site it is proposed to build two blocks of four storey flats, containing a total of 32 two-bedroom flats.

Along the edge of the River Leven a walkway would be formed, incorporating flood defences.

A separate application proposes to upgrade the exising track around the side of the stadium to a proper road standard as the site for the flats is remote from the existing road network.

Dumbarton councillor Ian Murray told The Reporter that a site visitation meeting has been arranged this week, and he would like to go along to get further explanation on just what is envisaged for the project.

Cllr Murray added: “I think a lot of the concerns will be centred around the flats and whether the football stadium itself will be moving in the future.

“This is probably one of the projects likely to come to fruition in the near future.

“I think this is one that’s likely to be moving forward more quickly than some of the other companies who have received planning for housing developments in Dumbarton.

“One of the positives about this is we could begin to see the connection of Dumbarton Castle to the town with the walkway, and I would think this would be much welcomed. This is all providing the rest of the housing fits into the character of the existing housing which is already there.”

When asked if this could see the start of the redevelopment and transformation of Dumbarton’s waterfront, Cllr Murray said: “I would like to think so. This project might kick start the waterfront development if they do get some sales from it.”

Cllr David McBride added that this project has been spoken about for a number of years.

He said: “It certainly could improve the area. Anything that helps the development of the area on the waterfront can only be good.”

So far four representations have been received in relation to the construction of the new infrastructure.

Two of these also state an objection to the housing development.

Some comments are summarised in the report, to go before planners, as follows: “The site is an important location within Dumbarton and this proposal will result in an unsatisfactory and compromised development. The site is not large enough for the number of flats proposed, which are being squeezed onto land surrounding the stadium.

“Existing stadium parking areas will be occupied by the development, thus causing football match parking to spill onto surrounding streets, with resulting congestion and inconvenience for residents.”

- See more at: http://www.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/news/dumbarton/articles/2013/09/20/472261-plans-revealed-for-dumbarton-waterfront-site/#sthash.Nm6n1KUw.dpuf