Sons' sorrow

I'm pretty stunned that Hearts have ditched Gary Locke.

He's had his team on a good run of form considering the circumstances and for Hearts to appoint Levein as Director of Football is laughable. Levein shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club again after his 10 man defence tactics v Czech Republic debacle.

He's had his team on a good run of form considering the circumstances and for Hearts to appoint Levein as Director of Football is laughable. Levein shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club again after his 10 man defence tactics v Czech Republic debacle.

Yeah, does seem pretty harsh. Presumably Levein will be on a hefty salary as well.

I spent over £400 travelling to Prague to watch us try and defend a 0-0, a crime against football. For that reason alone I'm delighted Levein is back at Hearts. The opportunity to boo him at the BBS next season is almost enough to make me renew my season ticket already.

Kenny Shiels at 33/1, expect his odds to shorten to 10/2 by the end of the day.....

#Bantz

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

If you think Murray is staying then you are a buffoon.

Not sure anyone is particularly confident that he's going to stay, but it looks like it could still go either way.

Out of interest, do you have some insider knowledge or are you wildly speculating like the rest of us (including the bookies)?

Edited by FifeSons

I spent over £400 travelling to Prague to watch us try and defend a 0-0, a crime against football. For that reason alone I'm delighted Levein is back at Hearts. The opportunity to boo him at the BBS next season is almost enough to make me renew my season ticket already.

Fair point, he'll get pelters at a few grounds next season.

Not sure anyone is particularly confident that he's going to stay, but it looks like it could still go either way.

Out of interest, do you have some insider knowledge or are you wildly speculating like the rest of us (including the bookies)?

Wildly speculating, is there any other way?

Wildly speculating, is there any other way?

Knowing someone involved. I disagree with you that it's a forgone conclusion. Yes, if Murray is offered the job he will clearly take it, but there is nothing to suggest that he has been offered it.

That douglas mcneil who was quoted earlier had tweeted earlier today that murray has been offered the ton job. I think the fact he s not left yet means he wants to stay with us...

No, it simply means that he has not left. The only constant in all of this is that for what seems like ages now Ian Murray has been on the verge of signing a contract extension at Dumbarton - the fact that he has not seems to suggest that there is an issue of some sort. In contractual reality all that a new deal will do is provide some sort of compensation should he move on, but it really does influence team matters.

Time is moving on and we need to have a manager in place pretty damn quick, let's hope we have a resolution of some sort soon.