Sons' sorrow

Agree with Jordo, a lot of part time players will fancy playing for us next year and I've no doubt Murray will be looking at the best talent below us but at the same time waiting to see what the Premiership teams release like he did with Mitch Megginson.

Murray summed it up well a couple of months back when he said that any part time player who wants to stay PT because of work or whatever; will want to come to Dumbarton. That coupled with working under Ian will be very attractive. The other kind of player we may attract are the ones looking to step down from Full time.

Exciting times for us :)

Stephen Grindlay has definitely been offered a one year deal but only as 2nd/3rd choice keeper. With a potential testimonial he has a decision to make.

This is what I was told today as well. Surely to god he won't keep both Ewings and Grindlay though??

I was also told he would be bringing in someone else who he'd want to be the first choice. We don't need three keepers'. Although I doubt we would get the 2 we have now to sign new deals if Murray has plans to bring in a third (first choice) keeper.

I'd keep grindlay as a back up. Ewings can move on.

There should be no room for sentiment or thoughts of testimonials. IMO Shay and Jamie are two sides of the same coin, ie both error prone with one who won't come off his line and the other who can't stay on it, so I have no probs with two new keepers.

There should be no room for sentiment or thoughts of testimonials. IMO Shay and Jamie are two sides of the same coin, ie both error prone with one who won't come off his line and the other who can't stay on it, so I have no probs with two new keepers.

Agree with this.

I do have a feeling Murray will keep one of them though. As to which one it will be I have no idea but it sounds like a few folk are in the know around Shay being offered terms so perhaps it will be him. Whether they will be happy to sign on as a number 2 is a different story.

Personally wouldn't be against either (preferably Grindlay) being kept on as backup. However, I would be extremely disappointed if one or the other was signed as 1st choice.

I would also be surprised/baffled if we have offered both a deal on top of signing a new keeper. What a waste that would be.

Also heard we will be employing a full time beard groomer for Jardine. Could be a great piece of business IMO.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Agree with this.

I do have a feeling Murray will keep one of them though. As to which one it will be I have no idea but it sounds like a few folk are in the know around Shay being offered terms so perhaps it will be him. Whether they will be happy to sign on as a number 2 is a different story.

Personally wouldn't be against either (preferably Grindlay) being kept on as backup. However, I would be extremely disappointed if one or the other was signed as 1st choice.

I would also be surprised/baffled if we have offered both a deal on top of signing a new keeper. What a waste that would be.

Also heard we will be employing a full time beard groomer for Jardine. Could be a great piece of business IMO.

Don't think Max Clifford will be available for a wee while. Shame, he could have doubled up in the PR role.

Another of my moles (not my contracts mole) tells me that the prices will increase substantially for season tickets.

Given that the gate price isn't increasing (apart from the four Rangers and Hearts games) a substantial increase would be a surprise.

Another of my moles (not my contracts mole) tells me that the prices will increase substantially for season tickets.

What's a substantial amount for us then? Would be surprised if it was as much as a 30-35 quid jump.

Seems like students will be worst affected if the rumours/moles are to be believed.

Don't think we should be pushing youngsters away with increased prices tbh. During my student days the student season tickets were a life saver. It's an age where you can't really scrounge off the parents but can't work full time.

Given that the gate price isn't increasing (apart from the four Rangers and Hearts games) a substantial increase would be a surprise.

True - but our Season Ticket prices have remained reasonably low in recent years. I got the impression they had originally held them anticipating a quick return to a lower division. The fact we've now established ourselves as a Championship club, and a very tasty looking league at that, may explain the increase.

Anyway, we have Murrino's 2 year contract to pay!