Sons' sorrow

Anyone have any idea when prices will be officially announced and sales are due to begin?

Also any idea when we'll be seeing the new strips?

I imagine prices will be announced in the next week or so, they usually get the season tickets on sale early to boost Murray's coffers.

I've heard the kit will be launched in July but I'm sure we'll see what they will be before that.

I ve got some gripes with a significant rise to ST prices;

Last year i was able to buy a ticket with the early bird offer at £170. a rise to £250 is very nearly a 50% increase. Fifty percent onto anything just now is hard to justify.

Someone yesterday made the point that the recent increases have been to fund a better quality of player and manager. Considering the proposed rise, will we see better players than last seasons squad, or the same players on better money

I ve got some gripes with a significant rise to ST prices;

Last year i was able to buy a ticket with the early bird offer at £170. a rise to £250 is very nearly a 50% increase. Fifty percent onto anything just now is hard to justify.

Someone yesterday made the point that the recent increases have been to fund a better quality of player and manager. Considering the proposed rise, will we see better players than last seasons squad, or the same players on better money

I'd like to think that if we're raising the money it is so that we can compete, wage wise, with other clubs in this division next year. I'd like to think that we can improve our squad again but with the majority of this seasons squad as the core. Would you grudge the same players a bit more money after the season they've just gave us?

Or the vale.

Theres plenty other things that money gets you. Jordo was spot on when he said that he (and i) would want to be part of this season. I think a rise is reasonable, depending on how much of a rise.

I'd like to think that if we're raising the money it is so that we can compete, wage wise, with other clubs in this division next year. I'd like to think that we can improve our squad again but with the majority of this seasons squad as the core. Would you grudge the same players a bit more money after the season they've just gave us?

so is every team throwing their increased prize/league money at the first team? remind me again how scottish football got into bother, why hearts went into administration and rangers are financially pumped.

The players done well last year and would have signed for us based on the good pt wages on offer, are we now to offer full time wages to part time players?

so is every team throwing their increased prize/league money at the first team? remind me again how scottish football got into bother, why hearts went into administration and rangers are financially pumped.

The players done well last year and would have signed for us based on the good pt wages on offer, are we now to offer full time wages to part time players?

So by increasing the prices to cover the supposed rising costs we'll get into bother? That makes no sense, surely if the club expects costs to go up next year offsetting this by increasing prices is a responsible way to do this rather than leaving an overdraft to cover it.

As far as it goes I'll wait to to see what the prices are before passing full judgement, but I have no issue with a price increase given how reasonable (in comparison to other clubs) our ST prices have been. No early bird offer is a bit of a let down though...

They probably are, aye. Why would it lead us to administration though?

I think we should do everything we can to bring us as close to the full-time clubs (without bankrupting ourselves) as possible. Players will have the final say, if they're offered more money elsewhere they will take it. We can just sit back and be left with the dregs, we need to try and compete with these clubs and if charging more for season tickets is one way of helping that then so be it, especially when the prices have been very good (in comparison) over the last 5-10 years.

They probably are, aye. Why would it lead us to administration though?

I think we should do everything we can to bring us as close to the full-time clubs (without bankrupting ourselves) as possible. Players will have the final say, if they're offered more money elsewhere they will take it. We can just sit back and be left with the dregs, we need to try and compete with these clubs and if charging more for season tickets is one way of helping that then so be it, especially when the prices have been very good (in comparison) over the last 5-10 years.

All depends on the size of the increase. I think everyone accepts we're going to have to pay a bit more to help make the team competitive in a tough league. A 30%+ jump in prices seems a bit unreasonable though. Will reserve judgement until further deets are released

So by increasing the prices to cover the supposed rising costs we'll get into bother? That makes no sense, surely if the club expects costs to go up next year offsetting this by increasing prices is a responsible way to do this rather than leaving an overdraft to cover it.

what costs are going up? we re up about one hundred thousand pound on last year without counting a rise in attendances or the cup run so we should be flush..

what costs are going up? we re up about one hundred thousand pound on last year without counting a rise in attendances or the cup run so we should be flush..

As will most other clubs in this league. Most other clubs in this league also have far bigger capacities than us. There's a gap to be bridged somewhere.

what costs are going up?

the same players on better money

You're the one who brought up costs going up not me, I suggested that a price increase would be a sensible way to cover any potential rising costs (like the same players on better money as you'd mentioned), I don't think it was an unreasonable explanation.

Edited by untitled00

I did say that aye, but in the context of asking what improvement on the park there would be for my/our increased contribution.

Considering all the campaigning and haggling over reconstruction of the leagues and prize monies, I' d rather we didnt just fire it into the players pockets. The idea was to develop and keep better players in the country, not pay them all more.

Edit for poor english.

Edited by sonsanorak

I have no issue with an increase in season ticket costs. I'd be concerned if the season ticket rose to a similar level to prices charged by full time teams. A significant increase in prices may allow us to recruit a stronger squad but fans wage rises haven't returned to pre-crash levels and its a big ask to expect fans to pay full time prices for part time football.

It's an interesting theme this.....we are a part-time team in basically a full-time division, so short of turning full-time which would be madness we need to pitch ourselves as being not only the best performing p/t club but probably also the best paying. And has already been pointed out, that costs money. All this stuff about percentage increases would be interesting if the same folk had been on here in previous times demanding to know why our season books weren't going up by what they probably should have.

I'll make a prediction; the standard season ticket price will be circa £240. And for that you'll be seeing a pretty decent level of fare, but more importantly and in stark contrast to the stadium catering and match day hospitality, every penny will be going to the club.

And let's not forget that DFC is also working within the limitations of a small stadium capacity. Raith, Falkirk, Livi, etc., will not normally fill their grounds but they may well do on at least 4 occasions this coming season, and that will mean a lot more dosh than we can generate unless we somehow provide temporary accommodation.

We need to get real here folks :rolleyes: