Sons' sorrow

£20 walk up price for cat A games is steep for second tier. I'm not really buying the increased policing and stewarding angle, our away end holds the same regardless of who we are playing.

Fair play. On the OS Mr Findlay has given valid reasons for the price hike across the board. However I think there was further scope to think outside the box to attract the wayward Son/Casual fan. Not sure the full spectra of prices will help that. But credit to DFC for keeping the kids prices low. That is an important gesture, though the carrot needs to be there for the 25-50something age group (arguably the most profitable).

The hardcore like myself will always will always buy STs. We might have a grumple about the price increases, but will always sign on. It is our club after all.

I think the walk up prices have been weighted purely to cash in on the cash cows of Rangers and Hearts.

Disappointed that they've upped the price price of the other games. No disrepect to them, but £18 to watch Cowden/Alloa wont attract the casual punter through the door. Perhaps a Category C level could have been inplace to try stimulate bigger attendances for the less profile games. The Category C could have been set at season 13/14 prices for Alloa, Cowdenbeath possibly midweek games (outwith cat A teams).

Or possibly a scheme like: buy advanced ticket for the Cowdenbeath/Alloa game you get a voucher for first option of a Rangers/Hearts ticket.

Not saying these ideas are perfect but mentioned earlier it's about thinking outside the box to stimulate interest.

I understand the new price structures. But for me, I think the club could have been more adventurous profiting on the already capitivated audience, Cat A teams.

Anyway, that's my last point on the matter. I'm more looking forward to discussing football issues and the exciting season ahead. Mon eh Sons!

Season ticket prices announced.

On the face of it the increase looks quite steep. Its an extra £45 for me and thats a fair whack to add on to a season ticket, particularly with no early sign-up discount. That said, the savings per game last year were £5.50 a match (roughly) and this year will be £5 a match for cat B games and £7 a match for cat A. In that context, the board have done well to keep a decent discount on the cost of a single game entry.

I'm near the half way line and I'm sure there was previously 2 categories of season tickets. It's a bigger jump for those in the 2nd category by grouping all seats into a single season ticket price.

Tickets purchased.

Took particular delight in annoying the Sevconian next to me at work by phoning up and purchasing them using my debit card.

#bigteam

Think it's an absolute joke that there's no student prices this year. My ticket cost me £88 last year, and now I've to pay £235? I cannot afford that. I understand that prices have to go up to justify us being in the second tier of Scottish football, but mugging off fans in the same position as myself and my pals who have been dedicated to the club since 2006 is unacceptable. It's all good getting kids through the door when they're young for a cheap price, but how are you expecting them to stay when they hit student age and they have to pay a massive increase. It pains me to say I won't be getting a season ticket next season, but there you go.

Think it's an absolute joke that there's no student prices this year. My ticket cost me £88 last year, and now I've to pay £235? I cannot afford that. I understand that prices have to go up to justify us being in the second tier of Scottish football, but mugging off fans in the same position as myself and my pals who have been dedicated to the club since 2006 is unacceptable. It's all good getting kids through the door when they're young for a cheap price, but how are you expecting them to stay when they hit student age and they have to pay a massive increase. It pains me to say I won't be getting a season ticket next season, but there you go.

To be fair not many teams done a student ticket before so you were quite lucky to get one for at least a while.

While I agree it's a big jump, it's worth it and most fans won't have an issue with paying it. 235 is hardly going to cost you your life savings.

£18 to watch Dumbo play Cowden is far too expensive. It's ridiculous in fact. No doubt we will put our prices up if we stay up (I agree with cashing in on Hearts and Rangers) but it's going to discourage extra fans.

*awaits post from "Third Rock From The Son" about Brooklyn neighbourhoods*

To be fair not many teams done a student ticket before so you were quite lucky to get one for at least a while.

While I agree it's a big jump, it's worth it and most fans won't have an issue with paying it. 235 is hardly going to cost you your life savings.

You can't possibly know that and it's grossly unfair to tell people what they can and can't afford, Thommo1690.

I wonder if there could be an option introduced for students where they pay half at the start of the season and half at Christmas? Would give the club some money now and also in January, should we need it.

It would be interesting to know how many student tickets were sold last year but I imagine they'll all have been flung under the concession banner and we may not be able to distinguish between them.

You can't possibly know that and it's grossly unfair to tell people what they can and can't afford, Thommo1690.

Thanks, Pete.

You can buy me my Season Ticket then mate? It's hardly going to cost your life savings, is it?

£18 to watch Dumbo play Cowden is far too expensive. It's ridiculous in fact. No doubt we will put our prices up if we stay up (I agree with cashing in on Hearts and Rangers) but it's going to discourage extra fans.

Completely agree, I can see our average attendances (excluding Rangers & Hearts) falling quite a bit. If the week after Rangers at home we had Cowden and reduced prices then it might encourage a few locals who were at the game the week before to turn up.

Completely agree, I can see our average attendances (excluding Rangers & Hearts) falling quite a bit. If the week after Rangers at home we had Cowden and reduced prices then it might encourage a few locals who were at the game the week before to turn up.

I doubt that average attendances will fall, clubs at our level generally have a fairly regular crowd, but I would imagine that the occasional attendee may feel otherwise with higher prices this season.

Thanks, Pete.

You can buy me my Season Ticket then mate? It's hardly going to cost your life savings, is it?

It's true though, if I was still a student and wanted to pay for something id make sure I kept it aside beforehand.

It's true though, if I was still a student and wanted to pay for something id make sure I kept it aside beforehand.

Again with the sweeping generalisations. You can't know everyone's circumstances and you can't possibly tell people how they should allocate their income. Get off your high horse, you're making yourself look like a p***k.

Again with the sweeping generalisations. You can't know everyone's circumstances and you can't possibly tell people how they should allocate their income. Get off your high horse, you're making yourself look like a p***k.

Maybe people canny afford it, fine. Just saying if it was me and I really wanted to get one id save for it. Personal opinions .

The sad thing is the majority of locals see us a pub team or similar to the Vale. No matter how well we're doing that attitude will be very difficult to change.

The main question folk ask is 'how much is it to get in these days?' The utter disbelief when I inform them it's 16 quid signals they might hit the deck and shit themselves when I tell them it's 18 now.

The sad thing is the majority of locals see us a pub team or similar to the Vale. No matter how well we're doing that attitude will be very difficult to change.

The main question folk ask is 'how much is it to get in these days?' The utter disbelief when I inform them it's 16 quid signals they might hit the deck and shit themselves when I tell them it's 18 now.

Agreed mate. I keep trying to get more people along but they don't fancy paying 16 quid in.