Sons' sorrow

Don't think the fans HAVE been fleeced but a hefty hike in ST prices would be harsh.

Increasing the attendance figures for ALL home matches and not just the big games should be the aim. A competitively priced season book would do that.

In business it's all about getting your customer to trade up. The 'armchair' fan to take in one or two games, the 'half dozen game a season' fan to take up a ST, a ST holder to take a premier seat/hospitality package and so forth.....

I do get what your saying, good points.

Sadly though even if Sons charged a meagre £50 for a Season Ticket the same locals would still head to Parkhead & Ibrox.

I do get what your saying, good points.

Sadly though even if Sons charged a meagre £50 for a Season Ticket the same locals would still head to Parkhead & Ibrox.

agreed. A sad reality of west of Scotland life. DFC as a club have to keep trying to increase their share.

agreed. A sad reality of west of Scotland life. DFC as a club have to keep trying to increase their share.

Exactly.

Just saying that if keeping Murray and allowing him to go for a few decent players means 30 or 40 quid on a ST, I'm willing to pay.

I really disagree with the Student concession disappearing, and the 'early bird' option too. I do know that DFC season ticket sales were almost 90% made up of 'early bird' sales though.

A 30 - 35% increase is ott. i know season book prices have been reasonable, but they ve also been affordable.

If i'm right i think our improved league position must be worth about an additional £100k this season, between the final standing and the new league set up. Where's that money going?

For me the club should increase the match tickets and introduce cat a games, whilst making the season ticket as attractive as they can. If we get relegated a season ticket holder is more likely to renew than a casual attender.

I await the annual letter from the sonstrust director on the dfc board, asking me to renew whilst justifying any increase.

Apparently Dumbarton are interested in young Clyde winger Scott Ferguson, who has scored 10 goals this season.

We are also apparently interested in Annan's Kenny MacKay, 6'2" ex junior striker, who is apparently rapid and has a very decent goal record (13 in 26 starts this season).

Edited by bigmacDFC

Pretty sure last season Hamiltons were the same as ours, could be wrong.

I know the league is more attractive next season probably but we shouldn't be pricing them any more than any full time teams.

Also agree that last year it was good value for money (about 9.50 a game).

Apparently Dumbarton are interested in young Clyde winger Scott Ferguson, who has scored 10 goals this season.

10 goals and 9 assists is a very decent record for such a young guy, would be delighted if we could sign Ferguson.

A 30 - 35% increase is ott. i know season book prices have been reasonable, but they ve also been affordable.

If i'm right i think our improved league position must be worth about an additional £100k this season, between the final standing and the new league set up. Where's that money going?

For me the club should increase the match tickets and introduce cat a games, whilst making the season ticket as attractive as they can. If we get relegated a season ticket holder is more likely to renew than a casual attender.

I await the annual letter from the sonstrust director on the dfc board, asking me to renew whilst justifying any increase.

Probably on financing the difference between Alan Adamson and Ian Murray and Ian Chisholm and Paul McGinn to name but two. Increasing the match ticket would only diminish further the number of casual attenders paying at the gate, unfortunately the club in isolation can't bring sanity to the match pricing issue.

We've enjoyed a bit of a discount on season tickets in recent years, we need to be honest on that.

That's a fair point but if Pete is right in his suggestion of a 30/35% increase that would take the price up to about £250.00 . If the gate prices are £16.00 and £18.00 for next season you would have to attend all but three of the home matches to make a season ticket worthwhile. Not everyone can commit to that. Our season ticket sales have been as high as they have ever been over the last few years and it would be disappointing to see the numbers drop due to a swingeing increase.

£250 ??? Have we put Scott Smith on a 2-year meal deal ?

If i'm right i think our improved league position must be worth about an additional £100k this season, between the final standing and the new league set up.

There's also the bonus of TV money. Assuming we get a minimum of two televised games to accommodate the sevco circus the additional income that will generate would be interesting to know.

As someone said previously, it's very seldom economics rule over heart when it comes to football fans but the club need to manage that carefully. The hardcore support will pay over the odds because seasons like the coming one don't come round often, if at all. The casual fan will not though and if we don't get our pricing structure correct we could miss a golden opportunity to attract floating fans and increase our core support.

For what it's worth I'd accepted already that I'd be paying around the £200 mark. £230 would be pushing it, £250 is harder to justify. Would I still pay it though? Damn right I would.

There's also the bonus of TV money. Assuming we get a minimum of two televised games to accommodate the sevco circus the additional income that will generate would be interesting to know.

As someone said previously, it's very seldom economics rule over heart when it comes to football fans but the club need to manage that carefully. The hardcore support will pay over the odds because seasons like the coming one don't come round often, if at all. The casual fan will not though and if we don't get our pricing structure correct we could miss a golden opportunity to attract floating fans and increase our core support.

For what it's worth I'd accepted already that I'd be paying around the £200 mark. £230 would be pushing it, £250 is harder to justify. Would I still pay it though? Damn right I would.

Doesn't the TV deal money for league games get shared among all the clubs? I think someone said it was only a bonus to the individual club, if one of the TV companies covered a cup-tie that involves your club.

Doesn't the TV deal money for league games get shared among all the clubs? I think someone said it was only a bonus to the individual club, if one of the TV companies covered a cup-tie that involves your club.

I think that's only if the tv deal is for the league rather than club specific (sevco) in which case I think it works the same as cup games.

That's the impression I was under as well.

We'll rake it in from McCoist's bar tab though.

I think that's only if the tv deal is for the league rather than club specific (sevco) in which case I think it works the same as cup games.

League games are all included in the SPFL TV deal, Rangers included. The TV money is pulled and shared via the payout for points. Cup games are different, hence Albion Rovers big payday for the televised Cup game.

I think it's fair enough for the club to raise ST prices substantially. They have done vary well over recent seasons in rewarding the supporters with little or no increase. However with our third season in the second tier coming up and with the manager secured on an increased package, not to mention the need for new blood player wise, more money is required to finance this.

I hear that part of the problem is that the majority of season tickets sold are concessions or parent/child. I think the full price STs account for something like 25 - 30% of the total.

We're punching above our weight and trying to establish ourselves as a natural Championship club.

So far so good - but it takes money.