Sons' sorrow

True - but our Season Ticket prices have remained reasonably low in recent years. I got the impression they had originally held them anticipating a quick return to a lower division. The fact we've now established ourselves as a Championship club, and a very tasty looking league at that, may explain the increase.

Beat me to it! Our season ticket costs have barely risen since 2009/10 (from memory) and so I can understand the cost increase this year especially with big names like Rangers, Hearts and Falkirk visiting the stadium. It's annoying that they're taking away the student gate though, very annoying.

True - but our Season Ticket prices have remained reasonably low in recent years. I got the impression they had originally held them anticipating a quick return to a lower division. The fact we've now established ourselves as a Championship club, and a very tasty looking league at that, may explain the increase.

Anyway, we have Murrino's 2 year contract to pay!

That's a fair point but if Pete is right in his suggestion of a 30/35% increase that would take the price up to about £250.00 . If the gate prices are £16.00 and £18.00 for next season you would have to attend all but three of the home matches to make a season ticket worthwhile. Not everyone can commit to that. Our season ticket sales have been as high as they have ever been over the last few years and it would be disappointing to see the numbers drop due to a swingeing increase.

That's a fair point but if Pete is right in his suggestion of a 30/35% increase that would take the price up to about £250.00 . If the gate prices are £16.00 and £18.00 for next season you would have to attend all but three of the home matches to make a season ticket worthwhile. Not everyone can commit to that. Our season ticket sales have been as high as they have ever been over the last few years and it would be disappointing to see the numbers drop due to a swingeing increase.

Problem is not buying a season ticket means you runs the risk of missing the 'glamour' matches. Particularly if you're not knocking about Dumbarton when the match tickets go on sale.

When you take into account that we will have by far the smallest capacity compared with every other team in the league, it's hardly surprising that we're increasing costs to try and make up for that. I think we've done extremely well to keep the prices where they have been for the last 5 years and I won't mind paying a bit extra for what is bound to be the best league I'll have seen Dumbarton involved in.

The three games ‘discount ‘ fits exactly what I’ve been told re season ticket pricing, bringing the standard price to circa £250. It’s essentially like a magazine subscription. As for demand dropping, I wouldn’t count on it, I’ve had two enquiries this week from guys who never normally buy one and in any case many people, myself included, view the ST as a way of providing funds for the season ahead - fitba fans usually run on emotion as opposed to hard economics.

The other motivator for this season will be that a ST guarantees a seat in a division which will include Rangers, Hearts and maybe Hibs, so you can hardly blame the club for suspending the ‘early-bird’ offer in a situation of likely high demand, it’s simple business practice. With the greatest respect to Forfar and East Fife, they just don’t represent the same box-office draw. And the more dough we get in the better the quality of player we might attract.

The two downsides are the rationalising of the ST categories and the fact that once prices go up they seldom drop back down. One thing I would very much like to see DFC do however is to reduce the comps, not to youth groups, etc., but to the many hingers-on who can well afford to pay like the rest of us.

When you take into account that we will have by far the smallest capacity compared with every other team in the league, it's hardly surprising that we're increasing costs to try and make up for that. I think we've done extremely well to keep the prices where they have been for the last 5 years and I won't mind paying a bit extra for what is bound to be the best league I'll have seen Dumbarton involved in.

You (like myself) can afford to pay a bit extra and dont mind doing so. I actually feel prices have been too low the last couple of seasons.

In terms of students though, they now no longer have their discount AND have to pay an increased price on a regular season ticket. Basically their tickets could be increasing from about 90 odd quid to 250.

Say what you like about students but I've been there myself and could no way afford to fork out £250 for a season ticket. I see quite a lot of young guys between the ages of 17 and 25 at our home games and it would be a shame if they have to miss out on our biggest season in decades.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

You (like myself) can afford to pay a bit extra and dont mind doing so. I actually feel prices have been too low the last couple of seasons.

In terms of students though, they now no longer have their discount AND have to pay an increased price on a regular season ticket. Basically their tickets could be increasing from about 90 odd quid to 250.

Say what you like about students but I've been there myself and could no way afford to fork out £250 for a season ticket. I see quite a lot of young guys between the ages of 17 and 25 at our home games and it would be a shame if they have to miss out on our biggest season in decades.

Tell the lazy b*****ds to get a real job then.

:whistle

The three games ‘discount ‘ fits exactly what I’ve been told re season ticket pricing, bringing the standard price to circa £250. It’s essentially like a magazine subscription. As for demand dropping, I wouldn’t count on it, I’ve had two enquiries this week from guys who never normally buy one and in any case many people, myself included, view the ST as a way of providing funds for the season ahead - fitba fans usually run on emotion as opposed to hard economics.

The other motivator for this season will be that a ST guarantees a seat in a division which will include Rangers, Hearts and maybe Hibs, so you can hardly blame the club for suspending the ‘early-bird’ offer in a situation of likely high demand, it’s simple business practice. With the greatest respect to Forfar and East Fife, they just don’t represent the same box-office draw. And the more dough we get in the better the quality of player we might attract.

The two downsides are the rationalising of the ST categories and the fact that once prices go up they seldom drop back down. One thing I would very much like to see DFC do however is to reduce the comps, not to youth groups, etc., but to the many hingers-on who can well afford to pay like the rest of us.

Good points, the club will probably be able to sell them on the basis of guaranteeing a seat for the bigger games. Just out of interest a season ticket for our one and only season in the Premier division cost £30.00. Taking account of inflation over the last thirty years the equivalent price now is £87.00. But that's a whole different discussion.

I'm no longer a student as of next year, so would have to pay full price anyway, but it does seem harsh to get rid of it for young guys that can't afford to pay more. I'll be making 800 mile round trips to the games next season, so paying a bit more on top of that isn't ideal, but certainly wouldn't put me off watching us play in what will be the most exciting league we've played in in my lifetime.

Good points, the club will probably be able to sell them on the basis of guaranteeing a seat for the bigger games. Just out of interest a season ticket for our one and only season in the Premier division cost £30.00. Taking account of inflation over the last thirty years the equivalent price now is £87.00. But that's a whole different discussion.

Really? As my birthday falls in the close season, my folks used to buy my season ticket as a birthday present each year. £30? Tight b*stards. :lol: Should've asked for a ZX Spectrum one year.

Edited by Boghead ranter

I'm no longer a student as of next year, so would have to pay full price anyway, but it does seem harsh to get rid of it for young guys that can't afford to pay more. I'll be making 800 mile round trips to the games next season, so paying a bit more on top of that isn't ideal, but certainly wouldn't put me off watching us play in what will be the most exciting league we've played in in my lifetime.

800 mile round trip to games? 'Kin 'Ell! Where do you live?

Personally, I'd be a bit annoyed if there is a significant hike compared to 2013/14 season ticket prices (Like the 30-35% suggested). Surely there is more of an incentive to get the 'casual' fan in for the duration and not just for the Category A games? The challenge should be to increase season ticket numbers from the present 300-350 to 500+ which would boost the numbers for all home league fixtures plus gets the money in the dfc bank early etc. Push the price up too much and the attactiveness of a ST becomes neglegible.

It's a balancing act that the DFC could get spot on and be quids in. Or take the easy way out and fleece the hardcore and fail to attract the fledgling/casual fan

On a side note, I think £16-£20 for football at this level/country is over priced (with references to Germany). But this is a Scottish Football problem and not just DFCs

The challenge should be to increase season ticket numbers from the present 300-350 to 500+ which would boost the numbers for all home league fixtures plus gets the money in the dfc bank early etc. Push the price up too much and the attactiveness of a ST

Pretty sure we hit 500+ when we came back up to the (then) First Division.

I was more trying to make the point of increasing the numbers of ST holders than fleecing the ones DFC already has.

I don't think ST holders are being fleeced, prices have been good.

The loss of the 'early bird' option is disappointing though.

I don't think ST holders are being fleeced, prices have been good.

The loss of the 'early bird' option is disappointing though.

Don't think the fans HAVE been fleeced but a hefty hike in ST prices would be harsh.

Increasing the attendance figures for ALL home matches and not just the big games should be the aim. A competitively priced season book would do that.

In business it's all about getting your customer to trade up. The 'armchair' fan to take in one or two games, the 'half dozen game a season' fan to take up a ST, a ST holder to take a premier seat/hospitality package and so forth.....