Sons' sorrow

Well said our style of play is a joy to watch and it gets results. I hate going to games to watch dire 0-0 draws. Winning big is great unfortunately when we get beat we normally get gubbed but who cares. 5th in the league, top scoring team whilst being part time. A new keeper should help us out though if we are looking for a weak point

Wilf - out of interest, if Andy Graham is blameless for one of the worst goals against column...where do you pin the blame?

Is it the goalkeepers?

Is it the collective back four? Are our full backs so attack minded that their defensive duties suffer?

Are we not defending as a team? Do the midfielders need to do more?

Personally I thought the likes of Gilhaney, Fleming, Turner and Megginson tracked back reasonably well last year.

As other posters have already said, it's more our style of play that is responsible for the high goals against total, as it is indeed for the goals for. In the same way that the players you mention track back, Andy,Marko and Mike Miller weren't averse to a bit of attacking play themselves.

I never said Andy Graham was 'blameless'. I do think that an attacking right back, as we currently have in Paul McGinn, needs a bit of pace so maybe that is why Andy was moved from that position in the first place?

It's not a blame game but I'd tend to think that a new keeper might be worth a try. If Cowden's Flynn could be persuaded to enlist then he'd be a good shout I think. The other name I've heard mentioned is Robinson of Raith Rovers but he seems a bit accident prone which has been our problem on occasion this season.

It should be pointed out that Grindlay coming into the team coincided with a long unbeaten run and both our keepers were ok, it's just that if we were looking for a position to improve that's got to be the one.

If a full back is beaten for pace you still have two covering centre halves to make amends and get a tackle in or deal with the crossed ball.

When a centre half is out paced the striker has a clear run directly at goal.

When Andy first signed for us he was used as a right back.

Andy Graham is a cracking centre back and natural captain, but he was hopeless at right back for us. Far too slow and lumbering and without the natural width and attacking outlet that a modern fullback needs. He's ideal at centre half.

£20 walk up price for cat A games is steep for second tier. I'm not really buying the increased policing and stewarding angle, our away end holds the same regardless of who we are playing.

We will have increased policing costs for Rangers regardless of numbers.

I've contacted them to let them know the CSE will be self policing this year and they don't need to bother.

£18 and £10 sure is a good way to put off people who live local from coming out to see us. £38 for a guy to take his two kids to see 2hrs entertainment. I can see attendances against teams like Alloa and Raith suffering because of that.

Glad to see the concession and parent and child remain and are good value.

I ll pay the price but thats a big jump from last season.

Raiths early bird offer is 230 i think, for which they get friendlies, a full time team and other discounts from local businesses.

I ll leave their link here for anyone interested in their sales pitch.

http://www.raithrovers.net/14733/201415-season-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow.htm

£20 walk up price for cat A games is steep for second tier. I'm not really buying the increased policing and stewarding angle, our away end holds the same regardless of who we are playing.

It might hold the same but it doesn't always have the same number of people in it. I doubt we pay for stewarding/policing of 950 away fans every home game.

Not saying I agree with £20 for this level but I don't think the prices are that outrageous.

Andy Graham signed up too.

Could someone explain what change of mindset is required? as said on the club season ticket page.

I was wondering that, too. It reads like he was trying to get a point across and then lost the thread of what he was saying :lol:

Great to see Graham and Marko sign on, Still; think we need another CB in (one with abit of pace (Miller would be ideal))

Gutted not to see an early bird ticket of about £200 considering Rovers are doing one at £230.. Could've took advantage of the "hype" surrounding this season and got some new faces through the gates on season tickets rather than the Cat A punters.