Sons' sorrow

On a night out I once pretended I was French in an attempt to pull - my pal was my translator. It was all going swimmingly well (not really as I only know 'where is the library') until we approached a language student.

She was not happy.

Thought I'd share this with you.

Mair's hopefully a decent signing but agree it leaves us extremely slow. Agree with the suggestion of getting Campbell and Robinson in and I'd be really pleased with our squad if we did. Beuzelin should be a good replacement for Jack too.

Wonder if Murray has other targets though, maybe Campbell and Robinson are looking for fulltime football.

Mair's hopefully a decent signing but agree it leaves us extremely slow. Agree with the suggestion of getting Campbell and Robinson in and I'd be really pleased with our squad if we did. Beuzelin should be a good replacement for Jack too.

Wonder if Murray has other targets though, maybe Campbell and Robinson are looking for fulltime football.

Archie Campbell? Lee Robinson?

If so, Campbell's still training with us after him asking to train with us but we have not offered him a contract yet anyway

Robinson isn't staying in Scotland, I could be wrong but I remember something being said about he had already agreed to sign for a team down south after the summer and he wasn't staying with us for that reason. Torquay rings a bell for some reason..

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

I don't think Mair is that slow. He's just pretty clumsy and looks like he's playing on ice now and again.

Aside from that, he reads the game well, is decent in the air and distributes the ball well for a CB.

I'd have kept Mair on for this season at Thistle, for back-up more than anything else, but he's still a competent enough defender for a lower-half SPL side so it's a shrewd signing for Sons. St. Mirren fans told us that he'll make a cock-up a game which isn't true but he was prone to the odd lapse of concentration but I can't think of a game we lost last season which was due directly to his incompetence. Good signing, your squad is shaping up very nicely.

Lee Mair would be an excellent signing to any side.

For what its worth was speaking to a sons fan on twitter earlier and if u post here, yep its me.

We would possibly still be here without your massive favour. GOOD LUCK.

Up the Sons.