Sons' sorrow

In all seriousness, why would the police not see a season ticket as being perfectly legitimate? There is absolutely no logical reason behind that demand.

Considering our season tickets are effectivelely raffle books I'd imagine they could be easily forged. If you had the right coloured paper you'd only have to photocopy it for it to look much the same.

Considering our season tickets are effectivelely raffle books I'd imagine they could be easily forged. If you had the right coloured paper you'd only have to photocopy it for it to look much the same.

Stretching things there a bit. You'd need to actually have access to one of our season tickets to forge it in the first place. Lot of hassle to avoid buying a match ticket. I highly doubt that there are droves of master forgers from both Dumbarton and Rangers just waiting for their chance to pounce and fraudulently gain access to a street.

Stretching things there a bit. You'd need to actually have access to one of our season tickets to forge it in the first place. Lot of hassle to avoid buying a match ticket. I highly doubt that there are droves of master forgers from both Dumbarton and Rangers just waiting for their chance to pounce and fraudulently gain access to a street.

A photocopier and yellow paper is all it would take along with a borrowed ticket.

Considering demand for the game will be huge, especially from Rangers fans it's quite possible considering how easy it would be. I don't imagine they will want to gain fraudulent access to the street, but would likely wish to access the game itself. I agree the closing of the street is ridiculous but again that's a police matter, as is the ticket thing.

Buying a match ticket for Rangers fans will be far harder than it is for ourselves considering the limitations on away capacity. There will be guys missing this who probably attend every game home and away. I certainly know a few who will be.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

We have had all ticket games before and we've never been asked to show your ticket 800 yards from the ground.

I spoke to a friend of mine who has not missed a Rangers away game since they went to the 3rd division.

I asked the question "have you been to a game where you were,asked to show your ticket 800 yards from the ground.

His reply "can't think of one"

When you think of the grounds they have visited

Ochilview 50 yards from a main bus route and surrounded by housing and a school

Montrose short distance to a main road

Albion Rovers on a main road

Annan Athletic on main link rd

Dunfermline on a main road

Ayr Utd 100 yards from a main road and surrounded by housing

Bet Butler Stadium almost a mile from the main road, a housing estate next to the park ,don't see the need at all.

I don't want to hear the parking on Castle rd,only one way out, as that was the same for all games at the Rock

So can someone explain why as I'm confused!,,

A photocopier and yellow paper is all it would take along with a borrowed ticket.

Considering demand for the game will be huge, especially from Rangers fans it's quite possible considering how easy it would be. I don't imagine they will want to gain fraudulent access to the street, but would likely wish to access the game itself. I agree the closing of the street is ridiculous but again that's a police matter, as is the ticket thing.

Buying a match ticket for Rangers fans will be far harder than it is for ourselves considering the limitations on away capacity. There will be guys missing this who probably attend every game home and away. I certainly know a few who will be.

I find it difficult to believe this is a police decision.

Easy way to deal with that.

Entry to the ground only on production of both a valid match day voucher and a valid Dumbarton season book. Voucher but no book? No entry.

We have had all ticket games before and we've never been asked to show your ticket 800 yards from the ground.

I spoke to a friend of mine who has not missed a Rangers away game since they went to the 3rd division.

I asked the question "have you been to a game where you were,asked to show your ticket 800 yards from the ground.

His reply "can't think of one"

When you think of the grounds they have visited

Ochilview 50 yards from a main bus route and surrounded by housing and a school

Montrose short distance to a main road

Albion Rovers on a main road

Annan Athletic on main link rd

Dunfermline on a main road

Ayr Utd 100 yards from a main road and surrounded by housing

Bet Butler Stadium almost a mile from the main road, a housing estate next to the park ,don't see the need at all.

I don't want to hear the parking on Castle rd,only one way out, as that was the same for all games at the Rock

So can someone explain why as I'm confused!,,

Did any of the grounds have a several hundred feet high volcanic rock overlooking them?

There is also the remote chance that some of those who attend every game might feel the urge to visit the Castle if they can't get a ticket!

It's been done before - Morton fans, IIRC.

I'm only asking WHY

Auld Son, in previous all-ticket games the demand was fully met. The stadium has actually never been fully sold out. That won't be the case with the Rangers and possibly the Edinburgh clubs visits this season - particularly if as expected they are all vying at the top of the league. The police I guess have an image of two thousand or so heid the ba' Sons of William/Jambos/Hibees hanging off the Rock trying to get a view of the match. That's probably why they have taken the decision to head them off at the top of the road. To suggest that it's not a police decision is contrary to logic.

Edited by Howlin' Wilf

Auld Son, in previous all-ticket games the demand was fully met. The stadium has actually never been fully sold out. That won't be the case with the Rangers and possibly the Edinburgh clubs visits this season - particularly if as expected they are all vying at the top of the league. The police I guess have an image of two thousand or so heid the ba' Sons of William/Jambos/Hibees hanging off the Rock trying to get a view of the match. That's probably why they have taken the decision to head them off at the top of the road. To suggest that it's not a police decision is contrary to logic.

Should start the blockade in Glasgow just to be sure. Imagine what the hordes will do to Dumbarton when they can't get into the game or up the rock.

I had thought that this is a possible reason, again though, could this not have been put out as part of the statement, I think it may have been accepted.

There's more than one way to the castle.

Does that mean dog walkers and ramblers will be banned from the shore.

I can't make it before 2pm ,so does this mean I won't be able to get my car down to the Stadium.

I couldn't walk that distance without putting my health at risk.

Ach is it worth the bother???

It'll probably be moved for TV anyway.

I don't fancy getting kettled in Castle Rd

But what If they all get themselves into the castle early, before the road is closed?

I had thought that this is a possible reason, again though, could this not have been put out as part of the statement, I think it may have been accepted.

I can't make it before 2pm ,so does this mean I won't be able to get my car down to the Stadium.

There's been a few teabaggings behind the castle though, and other shenanigans, going on what me and my mates used to find under eagle's rock in our teens.

Auld yin...you need a hobby....

It's noteworthy that on Rangers' travels through the divisions, the police never insisted on closing roads at other grounds, even those which have only one road in and out like ours.

I can't think of any other grounds where there is only one way in and one way out. There might be some at the end of a short road eg Montrose, Brechin but there are other ways out of those grounds. Not so Dumbartons.