Sons' sorrow

I remember that one fondly. Am I right in saying that won SFL Goal of the Season?

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yeh it did

As others have said Prunts will be an amazing signing at that level. Great attitude, never gives up is aggressive but not stupid and a very decent finisher. On top of it all he's a lovely guy. Think I might have to become a Clyde fan now :wub:

Just one thing: Don't EVER play him in midfield, it doesn't work.

Wish him absolutely all the best and he will leave as one of my all time favourite Sons players!

Prunty is a great signing for clyde. I think he's made more appearances for us than he has for any other club. He oozes class on and off the pitch and he should bring on your young players aswell. He's one of the great strikers outwith the premiership. Brilliant finisher in the box and hard worker outside the penalty area. It will be sad to see him go as his loyalty is unmatched in the modern game of one year deals.

I absolutely endorse that, and I'm delighted that he's got a new challenge at Clyde. I don't think I ever remember a Sons striker with such technique - the overhead kicks were a thing of genius - and I've seen more than a few.

Great to see Kane back but not happy with Prunty leaving.

I've made no secret of my dislike of Colin Nish. He's often ineffective yet always seems to start matches. He's poor in the air, his first reaction to any kind of attention is to look for the foul and when he drops deep, he tends to take up poor positions that marginalise him from the rest of a phase of play.

If we want an attacking player to play around the box, battle with defenders, hold the ball and bring others into the game then Gary Fleming is a better option for me. He does some great work in the final 3rd and whilst he's not a particularly prolific finisher, he's strong and has a great work rate. I'd have kept Prunty in the squad.

If we're without Kane for any length of time then we don't really have any proven penalty box players. Megginson was a striker with Aberdeen but we don't use him up front. Campbell had a decent time in Greenock before injury but couldn't recapture that form (and was used sparingly when he regained his fitness). As above, Fleming isn't an out and out poacher. I think we've got options for the final 3rd but by losing Prunty, we're getting rid of our only other penalty box player.

I was also seriously disappointed with Nish at the Sons v Clydebank game. He stood for the entire match with his arms folded and offered almost no vocal encouragement to the players. He didn't look to be giving the players any instructions during the game and the only time I heard him in the whole of the first half was when he questioned the linesman about a foul. I know that shouting at players isn't everybody's style and constantly shouting at kids isn't going to help them but at least give them a bit of encouragement - tell them if they've done something well or if you've spotted something that they haven't that you want them to change or adapt to. Nish didn't look even remotely right for a role as under 20s head coach/manager.

Obviously you guys see him more than me, but I've never understood the Dumbo love in surrounding Prunty. I've always found him to be a particularly average performer against us and been pleased to see him line up against us as I don't see him as much of a threat. That said he does have a half decent goal return.

Strange no league 1 team (Airdrie) wanted him.

He scored plenty of goals for us and always put in a shift, two things that will endear you to fans. He also has ple ty of time to speak to fans and his boy is Dumbarton daft now. I think he genuinely has enjoyed every minute of his time here and I'm sure he'd rather stay but if Murray wants to move him on he's got to go, for the good of both parties. Now, anyone who's good at making gifs fancy sticking every one of Prunty's overhead kicks into one massive wanktastic one?

Great to see Kane back but not happy with Prunty leaving.

I've made no secret of my dislike of Colin Nish. He's often ineffective yet always seems to start matches. He's poor in the air, his first reaction to any kind of attention is to look for the foul and when he drops deep, he tends to take up poor positions that marginalise him from the rest of a phase of play.

If we want an attacking player to play around the box, battle with defenders, hold the ball and bring others into the game then Gary Fleming is a better option for me. He does some great work in the final 3rd and whilst he's not a particularly prolific finisher, he's strong and has a great work rate. I'd have kept Prunty in the squad.

If we're without Kane for any length of time then we don't really have any proven penalty box players. Megginson was a striker with Aberdeen but we don't use him up front. Campbell had a decent time in Greenock before injury but couldn't recapture that form (and was used sparingly when he regained his fitness). As above, Fleming isn't an out and out poacher. I think we've got options for the final 3rd but by losing Prunty, we're getting rid of our only other penalty box player.

I was also seriously disappointed with Nish at the Sons v Clydebank game. He stood for the entire match with his arms folded and offered almost no vocal encouragement to the players. He didn't look to be giving the players any instructions during the game and the only time I heard him in the whole of the first half was when he questioned the linesman about a foul. I know that shouting at players isn't everybody's style and constantly shouting at kids isn't going to help them but at least give them a bit of encouragement - tell them if they've done something well or if you've spotted something that they haven't that you want them to change or adapt to. Nish didn't look even remotely right for a role as under 20s head coach/manager.

Nish is one of our best players.

delighted Chris Kane is back as we are screaming out for him, gutted to see Prunts go if true genuinely good guy and scored the best goal ever scored by a sons player imo.

For what it is worth I think Nishy is a decent player, slightly cumbersome but he has plenty about him and the partnership with Kane worked last season

Mon the sons

Although there is no fault with a Nish and Kane partnership I just feel Garry Fleming is too important a player to miss out of the starting eleven. I wouldn't mind seeing him drop back to midfield as he played well there when he first joined us for a bit. He's perfect for the role Prunty was always made to play imo.

I think we'd be better letting him go to a full time team and learn something different

I'd maybe have liked to see him out full-time so he could go away and train with another club every day and learn something different

Be afraid Radford, be very afraid.