Sons' sorrow

Had the club dealt with announcing those departures in a more sensible fashion there would have been no theories.

This is a fair point. A lot of the time the reason so many conspiracy theories abound amongst the Sons' support is because of the frequent silence from the club. If you give out no info, people will fill the void with speculation.

Are you serious? We have one of the consistently worse defences in the league and we don't 'need' someone of proven experience at the top level

We do have a (statistically) dreadful defence, but analyse the individual players in that.

Rogers has been outstanding and without him we would have an even more horrendous goal difference.

Van Zanten was poor at the start but has really came onto a consistent game since the middle of October.

Graham is solid. No question.

Findlay is an outstanding player.

Taggart played well in his only game in his natural position (RB) and from his time at Morton we know he's good enough at this level.

That leaves the LB slot with Linton who's not an out and out LB and who has been beaten far too easily far too frequently this season. Therefore Wilson (who can play LB) would ve best for us in that position imo.

Lets not mention Lee Mair, eh?

From what I'm told, it will happen today, maybe kept secret till tomorrow to keep Cowden guessing?

Sounds promising

^^^New Head of Youth, IMO.

Head of youth, nah. I'm far too big time for that. Assistants manager, sat outside Muzz's office just now. Armand Oné to my left and Colin Nish (complete with moustache disguise) to my right.

Just seen Leigh Griffiths walk out, don't know what he was doing here.

We do have a (statistically) dreadful defence, but analyse the individual players in that.

Rogers has been outstanding and without him we would have an even more horrendous goal difference.

Van Zanten was poor at the start but has really came onto a consistent game since the middle of October.

Graham is solid. No question.

Findlay is an outstanding player.

Taggart played well in his only game in his natural position (RB) and from his time at Morton we know he's good enough at this level.

That leaves the LB slot with Linton who's not an out and out LB and who has been beaten far too easily far too frequently this season. Therefore Wilson (who can play LB) would ve best for us in that position imo.

Lets not mention Lee Mair, eh?

As individuals I can see what you are saying although I think you are unfair in singling out Lee Mair as being particularly worse than any of the others. But as a team the defence is woeful and any attempts to improve it are very welcome in my opinion

Had the club dealt with announcing those departures in a more sensible fashion there would have been no theories.

Just out of interest what would have been a more sensible fashion? They were announced pretty much as they happened so what should have been done differently?

Just out of interest what would have been a more sensible fashion? They were announced pretty much as they happened so what should have been done differently?

No they weren't.

The had known about some of them for months yet they unleashed them all in the one week. Unless you have an inside source it's easy to see why folk would assume it's a cost cutting excercise. A plethora of staff and players (including our highest earner) leaving in the one week with other staff members picking up the extra jobs and little in the way of player additions coupled with the Bet Butler announcement was asking for conspiracy theories and speculation.

Had they staggered it a bit or announced some in advance it wouldn't have looked like an obvious cost cutting excercise. Even a wee explanation wouldn't have been a bad idea.

Very happy with Wilson signing. He's going to bring talent and top flight experience to an underperforming defence.

It does however leave our squad a bit on the skewed side. At the back we now have:

Graham

Mair

Findlay

Taggart

Van Zanten

Linton

Wilson

Either we're sticking with 3/5 at the back or we have 7 defenders going for 4 starting places. Could we maybe have freed up a wage - either Mair or Van Zanten - to go after a striker? With the wages saved from Nish and a defender then surely we could get some help up top?

Edited by BallochSonsFan

Very happy with Wilson signing. He's going to bring talent and top flight experience to an underperforming defence.

It does however leave our squad a bit on the skewed side. At the back we now have:

Graham

Mair

Findlay

Taggart

Van Zanten

Linton

Wilson

Either we're sticking with 3/5 at the back or we have 7 defenders going for 4 starting places. Could we maybe have freed up a wage - either Mair or Van Zanten - to go after a striker? With the wages saved from Nish and a defender then surely we could get some help up top?

Only one Id have let go is mair, no doubt on a good wage too.

Like van zanten, and if it turns out to be Wilson is going to play right back I think it would be a bit harsh.

Wilson to left back, linton benched.

No they weren't.

The had known about some of them for months yet they unleashed them all in the one week. Unless you have an inside source it's easy to see why folk would assume it's a cost cutting excercise. A plethora of staff and players (including our highest earner) leaving in the one week with other staff members picking up the extra jobs and little in the way of player additions coupled with the Bet Butler announcement was asking for conspiracy theories and speculation.

Had they staggered it a bit or announced some in advance it wouldn't have looked like an obvious cost cutting excercise. Even a wee explanation wouldn't have been a bad idea.

Who did they know about for months? Other than David Prophet who is a part time secretary I can't think of any one who left that the club kept a secret until they announced it. And it was hardly worth announcing David's leaving in advance. Anyone who reckons we were in trouble because the secretary is leaving is really looking too hard for a conspiracy

Anyone who reckons we were in trouble because the secretary is leaving is really looking too hard for a conspiracy

Erm...

It wasn't just the secretary that left.

If you can't understand why it could have been potrayed as cost cutting when numerous players and staff leave in the same week then I'm probably wasting my time. It's fair dragging on now anyway.

Anyone else concerned at the last two home results? murray doesnt seem able to set the team out to dominate an opponent and we ve lost to two teams fighting at the bottom.

I like easton so far, but he's got crap options around him