Sons' sorrow

Cheerio Lee, my signature strikes again.

http://www.peterandroughie.com/news/article/745/exclusive-mair-hits-out-at-embarrassing-dumbarton

Edit: Poor from Muzz and the club if it's true, not communicating to him is a bit far.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

http://www.peterandroughie.com/news/article/745/exclusive-mair-hits-out-at-embarrassing-dumbarton

Edit: Poor from Muzz and the club if it's true, not communicating to him is a bit far.

Strange, hope he's just been froze out because he's garbage. Hope it's no a clash of personalities or that.

All he talks about is herbalife and St mirren, hope he signs for them next season so we are guaranteed a few goals !

Had heard some time ago that he wasn't getting a game because the club didnt want to give him a contract next season. Bit unfair not to speak to him though

Murray is starting to come across as a total dick. Similar thing happened with Nish? What about Ching? Seems he can't handle experienced players who may see things differently to him. Not making friends anyway.

Ching wasn't going to be playing much games for us and he wanted to move on.

Nish is a dick.

Dunno what to make of that tbh.

There's no denying he's been pish and there's no chance he should be kept on, it's also only one side of the story from a seething player. Either way it doesn't look good on us to have this sort of pish circulating around the internet/press.

Edited to add: now I see him all over the Peter and Roughie show he's coming across as a total bitter p***k :lol: he should've been shown the door after chucking it against Hearts.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Unfair to say he's shite, looked solid at first, injured, then struggled, but I've no doubt he'd come good, disappointed the club getting tarnished this way, someone should speak out from the club, too experienced to say he's shite, clearly words between him and Murray have caused this, not proffessional at all

Unfair to say he's shite, looked solid at first, injured, then struggled, but I've no doubt he'd come good, disappointed the club getting tarnished this way, someone should speak out from the club, too experienced to say he's shite, clearly words between him and Murray have caused this, not proffessional at all

He's mince. Get him to f**k.

His playing ability is garbage since he came to us, no two ways about it. I remember him being 6/10 for about two games at best, was never "solid."

Club wont comment so its left in doubt and we dont look worse by confirming it. Mair says he talked to the Secretary, does he mean Proph or Antonia? Proph left in january.

I'd like to think that the club made that contract as a test, though I wonder if Wilson could have the same type. Cant say I agree with it, get the second year after starting about 15 games?

Looking back at the article, so he says he gets a new deal if he plays one more game and has since been taken right out the squad on the request of the chairman and not Murray.

The same article also says he was offered a second year but refused the wage cut.

Could it be possible he's been frozen out cause he doesn't want to accept a pay cut and also we don't want to keep him on the same wage??

Aye. We thought we were signing an spl defender, hero, leader of men and demi god. (like an uber andy graham) instead we got out the sort of performances taggart (with the greatest of respect) could give us already,but for more money.

No wonder value for money becomes a consideration.

I don't think there has ever been much love lost between Murray and Mair; at the first fixture at Ibrox last year the player hirpled off before half time but some reckoned he could have appeared for the second half. He didn't, but he did apparently appear later that day at another player's night out in Aberdeen.

There is though something of a pattern developing here, on the one hand Murray appears to have been 'unlucky' in his signing of some experienced players, either thro long-term injuries - Murray, Mair, Van Zanten - or via some personality issues - Nish.

Against that though, we must wonder at the man management aspect, and certainly Mair's account is unwelcome and unhelpful in a week when Ian Murray has publicly lambasted some members of the playing staff. Not a good situation when we'll be needing to attract people over the summer.

And curiously, although Murray and Jack Ross formed a good working partnership they had very differing styles and apparently had no great personal rapport.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

And curiously, although Murray and Jack Ross formed a good working partnership they had very differing styles and apparently had no great personal rapport.

Surprised by this. Always thought they looked like the best of mates at the poty nights, barely left each others side all night.

Dressing rooms are full of big personalities and egos, there's always going to be clashes. Unfortunately ours has been pretty public in the last week. I'd like to see the club defend themselves on the Mair situation without getting dragged into a petty slagging match. Didn't Mair run around bad mouthing Danny Lennon as well? Seems like he has history for bitchy behaviour.