Sons' sorrow

I'd like to point out we have evidence of him skipping by two players and sending one into the top bin on this very thread so he's capable. We won't expect that from him every week but he's clearly capable of being effective. One game (or even 4) where it's debatable how well he played isn't enough to form a fair opinion.

Let's clear this up again shall we. I'm not saying he's a bad player - he isn't. All I've said is he was anonymous against us. We were the best team in the league last year so that's why I'm saying I don't know if he'll be able to make the step up. He's clearly been good against other teams otherwise he wouldn't have made the POTY shortlist or made the TOTY. But bear in mind the majority of the teams in the league below are part-time.

Let's clear this up again shall we. I'm not saying he's a bad player - he isn't. All I've said is he was anonymous against us. We were the best team in the league last year so that's why I'm saying I don't know if he'll be able to make the step up. He's clearly been good against other teams otherwise he wouldn't have made the POTY shortlist or made the TOTY. But bear in mind the majority of the teams in the league below are part-time.

Aye, we get the point mate.

Kevin Nicol's still a free agent I think... :wub:

If he can make the step up? He's spent the majority of his career at this level or higher. It seems to be his attitude that let him down, but wee Stee knows how to get the best out of him. 28 appearances last season and 9 goals from midfield is a very decent return.

I'll tell him in work the mora u were asking for him

Willie Gibson is getting on a bit now, wouldn't have taken him at Morton. Was fairly anonymous against us last season. He did make it into the League on team of the year so time will tell if he can make the step up.

Think your biggest worry is likely to be whether you can make the step up.

A full-time club, with more resources than most in League 1, scrapes home at the last gasp...

Gibson has the class that Morton lacked last season.

Think your biggest worry is likely to be whether you can make the step up.

A full-time club, with more resources than most in League 1, scrapes home at the last gasp...

Gibson has the class that Morton lacked last season.

Yes, that is a worry for most Morton fans this season. Mostly because we have dinosaur Duffy in charge, we already have very good players signed up. Doesn't matter how you win the league just as long as you win it. It'll still read 'Morton League One Champions 2014/15' it's not gonna say they they won the league at the last gasp. As for the last point it's just plain stupidity really, we had the best player in the league and were the best team in the league. Your just going to need to deal with that and stop winging about it.

Yes, that is a worry for most Morton fans this season. Mostly because we have dinosaur Duffy in charge, we already have very good players signed up. Doesn't matter how you win the league just as long as you win it. It'll still read 'Morton League One Champions 2014/15' it's not gonna say they they won the league at the last gasp. As for the last point it's just plain stupidity really, we had the best player in the league and were the best team in the league. Your just going to need to deal with that and stop winging about it.

It's going to be fascinating this season to have big teams at both ends of the table.