Sons' sorrow

Like most clubs they are given a budget to work within and the player recruitment is based on these finances :thumsup2

Most being the key word in that! We haven't been in debt for a long time. As a club, Dumbarton take pride in the fact they live within their means.

Edited by squeezeboxson

That's fair enough, but I do know for a fact that my figures are reliable. Like you guys I thought the days of PT players earning that kinda dough were long gone!! These guys don't need other jobs though on that money,.

^^^

Somebody's a jealous little boy

Barr is a great signing. He's always been a player that has impressed me. I'm looking forward to this season. On paper we're streets ahead of the rest in terms of signings.

He should be a great signing for you guys and its a win win situation.

Who is he likely to partner in defence? Surely not Buchanan

Darren Barr is a tremendous signing if he can stay fit. Even though that's a big if, it's well worth a gamble. He'll say himself he's a centre half, but I quite liked him as a sitting right back. I'm not sure holding midfield is where you'd want him though.

You're a goal scorer away from having a team that could potentially really challenge Morton, Falkirk, Queens and Raith for 4th place. Perhaps even St Mirren - depending on signings.

Best of luck and f**k Alloa.

I reckon we will be comfortably safe, possibly mid table, if we can find a goal scorer

Whilst a goal scorer would be lovely, it's the hardest position to fill for most teams. And if you look at it, the only player in he midfield/attack who doesn't really appear to have goals in his game is Grant Gallagher. Fleming, Cawley, Gibson, Smith, Kirky and Miller all appear to chip in with goals. Even McCallum on the evidence so far will be good for a couple of goals. We'll need to be patient and possibly wait for a loan to fill the goal scorer role but I'm happy with the potential goals we have in the team so far. I'm hugely optimistic but I agree that challenging for 4th will likely be a step too far this year.

If not an out and out goalscorer which is obviously hard to find, I hope for an out and out centre forward, not a runner or an attacking midfielder filling the gap. Someone that can hold the ball up, or that can try and deal with the long balls (preferably into feet). A Jason Scotland

Is buchanan under contract at alloa?

Don't think he's signed a new deal with them yet. He would be an excellent addition.

Bob McHugh still on pfa website, if Stevie(I refuse to call him stee) is as good as getting the best out of players as we're hearing, surely he's worth trying to get, we had Buchanan and never looked brilliant,

I agree, McHugh would be another ideal signing. Buchanan played in one reserve game as a Trialist in 2012 for us, I don't think we can really judge him based on that.