Sons' sorrow

Was at rugby park in seventies when big John broke the leg of a Kilmarnock player with a perfectly fair tackle. He had thighs like tree trunks. Ronnie curran was a real hard man as well . Drew nelson was also hard but also a little crazy and was not a man to annoy. If I remember rightly big John jumbo Muir and Dennis ruddy all played at same time in one of the hardest half back lines in post war Scottish football.

Frank Close and Pat Cairney were absolute bomb-scares of centre-halves in the 1980's who both relished a tackle as well as an OG or two. Pat was a worker with Tennents Brewery and a former team-mate told me that he once crashed at his place after a Saturday night out in Glasgow, and on opening the fridge hungover in the morning he was astonished to see it bulging with lager cans.

Was at rugby park in seventies when big John broke the leg of a Kilmarnock player with a perfectly fair tackle. He had thighs like tree trunks. Ronnie curran was a real hard man as well . Drew nelson was also hard but also a little crazy and was not a man to annoy. If I remember rightly big John jumbo Muir and Dennis ruddy all played at same time in one of the hardest half back lines in post war Scottish football.

I also remember playing Clyde at Shawfield when Cushley came in for a tackle and knocked the Clyde player right over the barrier that separated the pitch from the dog track.

He was the type of no compromise player every team needs.

Noticed on the ofish site that we have a Team Chaplain now :huh:

I don't recall this being announced?

We signed him from Stranraer, judging by this he's had a fairly interesting life:

http://www.hpchurch.co.uk/rev-john-macgregor/

Quite up for a bit of divine intervention on the pitch, could be good fun to watch.

We signed him from Stranraer, judging by this he's had a fairly interesting life:

http://www.hpchurch.co.uk/rev-john-macgregor/

Quite up for a bit of divine intervention on the pitch, could be good fun to watch.

Oh aye really interesting, played youth football, then worked in a card shop and now gets paid to talk to folk about his imaginary friend.

Oh aye really interesting, played youth football, then worked in a card shop and now gets paid to talk to folk about his imaginary friend.

Been to Uganda a bit too.

What does a club chaplain actually do? Do we pray in the dressing room before matches, or does he do it himself and then just tell us all he tried really hard but God had St Mirren on his coupon?

Obviously never went to kafflik skool, or else you'd ken that they are one and the same, as well as being different people. Obviously.

God is in each and every one of us, Patrick.

Well I suppose when you put it like that...

What happens in catholic school, stays in catholic school. I'm just glad I never went to one and that the hard plastic seats down the Rock cause me no issues.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Well I suppose when you put it like that...

What happens in catholic school, stays in catholic school. I'm just glad I never and that the hard plastic seats down the Rock cause me no issues.

As a former kafflik school attendee, I can confirm that there was even more sex and guilt than you imagine.