Sons' sorrow

Aye welcome to DFC Ian. I wasn't sure what to think at first, but the more I considered it (combined with some of the positive things I've heard about him) the more positive I feel.

He should be respected by the players, and strikes me as the sort of kettle booting maniac we need alongside Stevie.

If nothing else this should get us plenty of newspaper coverage!

44 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

:lol:

Near enough every second day there's a story about us in the paper because Aitken canny keep his gub shut. Even Durrant and McCrorie were spilled to the Sun before we announced anything. I'd settle for less media coverage, especially if his going to be mainly "Rangers legend helps out part time minnows" style pish.

Welcome to the club though, Ian. Wish you all the best.

Aye welcome to DFC Ian. I wasn't sure what to think at first, but the more I considered it (combined with some of the positive things I've heard about him) the more positive I feel.

He should be respected by the players, and strikes me as the sort of kettle booting maniac we need alongside Stevie.

I too am pretty happy with the appointment.

And I 'liked' your post largely for your description of 'kettle booting maniac' which is excellent.[emoji106]????

Wasn't sure about Durrant but the twitter storm is great reading. Every Celtic fan in Dumbarton now hate us and hope we go down with one guy even stating that we've "lost the goodwill of a large percentage of the local population" :lol:

This'll be the same goodwill that sees absolutely none of them attend Dumbarton games on a regular basis or take an interest in the future of the club. Their goodwill stretches as far as "how did Dumbarton get on today?" when they see a fan in the pub and every last one of them can bite my banger.

35 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Wasn't sure about Durrant but the twitter storm is great reading. Every Celtic fan in Dumbarton now hate us and hope we go down with one guy even stating that we've "lost the goodwill of a large percentage of the local population" :lol:

This'll be the same goodwill that sees absolutely none of them attend Dumbarton games on a regular basis or take an interest in the future of the club. Their goodwill stretches as far as "how did Dumbarton get on today?" when they see a fan in the pub and every last one of them can bite my banger.

Nail on the head. 

47 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Spot feckin' on Moonster.  And I hope this demonstrates that the knuckle-draggers wear colours other than blue, brutal enough as they are.

6 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

Pity Durrant was not a few years younger as I make it with all the players who will be missing tomorrow we can only muster two subs. Is there a tall strong skilful pacy defensively minded attacking midfielder who would like to play for the Sons If so get yourself down to the CID stadium tomorrow.

We're expected to sign McCrorie today so we'll have another body there. Although I wouldn't recommend anyone heading to the CID tomorrow as everyone else will be in Kirkcaldy.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

:lol:

Near enough every second day there's a story about us in the paper because Aitken canny keep his gub shut. Even Durrant and McCrorie were spilled to the Sun before we announced anything. I'd settle for less media coverage, especially if his going to be mainly "Rangers legend helps out part time minnows" style pish.

Welcome to the club though, Ian. Wish you all the best.

Wired to the moon.

Pity Durrant was not a few years younger as I make it with all the players who will be missing tomorrow we can only muster two subs. Is there a tall strong skilful pacy defensively minded attacking midfielder who would like to play for the Sons If so get yourself down to the CID stadium tomorrow.

Lang, Brown and Calum Gallagher.

Only three[emoji15]