Sons' sorrow

Can Vaughan play wide right?

Stirling's undroppable on current form and, presuming that Stanton played well in his favoured #10 today (I wisnae there), wide right's the only position up for grabs next week as a fit Nade or Fleming lead the attack.

Apart from what appears to have been a very good performance and win for us today, could we really have scripted events any better elsewhere ?  Other than ourselves, only Dunfermline of the bottom six picked up a point.
How bad was Nade's injury BTW?

It looked a bit of a bad one as he left the pitch, but when he went down the tunnel shortly after he wasn't hobbling or anything, that I could see anyway, so hopefully it's just a knock or a strain or the like.

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

What a great result today. I'll be honest and admit I was in the wrong when I was calling for Stevie's head after 'that result'. The players he has brought in in January look to be excellent additions and he's got rid of the ones we all wanted punted who weren't good enough.
At the start of this season I was worried, really worried we would be going down. A win next week or even a draw leaves us 4 full wins ahead of St Mirren, surely that would be enough for another season in the championship, or at least a play off! In fact, f**k it, were only 4 points off 5th! Playoffs here we come!

In fairness, those calling for Stevie's sacking(myself included) were fed up with months of negative defensive football resulting in mostly narrow defeats. I think it was OKIII who made the point about the three recent defeats being more pleasing on the eye to watch and even though we lost, it was heartening to see us have a go.  No doubt the performances since then have been a massive improvement and Stevie deserve enormous credit for the turnaround since the start of December. We now have a great chance to put a bit of distance between us and the bottom two in the next couple of games. Even looking further ahead, we've got Falkirk, Dunfermline and Raith after St. Mirren and Ayr. I don't think 10/11 points is out of the question given the way we are playing at the moment. 

Re next Saturday's game; it's vital and it's all-ticket, so is it too much to expect that the club makes every effort to make it easy for folk intending to attend, and, dare I suggest, advertises them for sale on the day of the game ?

I was at a social function last night, sat next to a total stranger who in the course of chat told me he recently carried out midweek work in the reception area of the CID.  He told me that a guy came in to purchase two match briefs with the request that they were adjacent to his season ticket, and he listened with incredulity as this was met with both a refusal and a barrage of aggressive negativity.  In his words, he said that were he that person he would have told the seller to 'stick them up their arse' (his words).

I never enquired further but it made for painful listening.

10 hours ago, microdave said:

In fairness, those calling for Stevie's sacking(myself included) were fed up with months of negative defensive football resulting in mostly narrow defeats. I think it was OKIII who made the point about the three recent defeats being more pleasing on the eye to watch and even though we lost, it was heartening to see us have a go.  No doubt the performances since then have been a massive improvement and Stevie deserve enormous credit for the turnaround since the start of December. We now have a great chance to put a bit of distance between us and the bottom two in the next couple of games. Even looking further ahead, we've got Falkirk, Dunfermline and Raith after St. Mirren and Ayr. I don't think 10/11 points is out of the question given the way we are playing at the moment. 

McCallum goes out on loan, the standard of our play picks up remarkably.  Just sayin'.

54 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

McCallum goes out on loan, the standard of our play picks up remarkably.  Just sayin'.

:lol:

I'm sure Donald was really interrupting the dressing room and things...

ETA: Apart from that, he went out on loan last week. We have been playing good for quite a few weeks now with the exception of the Morton Game, so the majority with him in the squad.

Edited by squeezeboxson

Re next Saturday's game; it's vital and it's all-ticket, so is it too much to expect that the club makes every effort to make it easy for folk intending to attend, and, dare I suggest, advertises them for sale on the day of the game ?
I was at a social function last night, sat next to a total stranger who in the course of chat told me he recently carried out midweek work in the reception area of the CID.  He told me that a guy came in to purchase two match briefs with the request that they were adjacent to his season ticket, and he listened with incredulity as this was met with both a refusal and a barrage of aggressive negativity.  In his words, he said that were he that person he would have told the seller to 'stick them up their arse' (his words).

Sadly that sounds all too familiar.

59 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

:lol:

I'm sure Donald was really interrupting the dressing room and things...

ETA: Apart from that, he went out on loan last week. We have been playing good for quite a few weeks now with the exception of the Morton Game, so the majority with him in the squad.

I wasn't being serious.

Sadly that sounds all too familiar.

Nothing changes. Any time I've called the club, the negativity is palpable. This appears to have spread to the match day staff too, in my opinion. Turnstile staff snatching notes out of my hand and never a thank you or enjoy the match. Endemic of society today.

Nothing changes. Any time I've called the club, the negativity is palpable. This appears to have spread to the match day staff too, in my opinion. Turnstile staff snatching notes out of my hand and never a thank you or enjoy the match. Endemic of society today.

Not sure I agree that society as a whole is less polite, but DFC has always been in my time following the club.

Yound Donald limited to Arbroaths bench yesterday too.

Despite three late attacking substitutions, a 2-1 lead and playing against ten men.

It's a shame if he's going to be limited in game time at Gayfield, but with the attacking options they have, I'm not surprised.

He might well become good enough for League Two in time, but at the moment I don't know if he is. It's a shame because he could've been developed better, but I don't know what his footballing future will hold.

I hope there is a change of heart with ticket sales for this and they do indeed sell them right up until 2pm Saturday. There's absolutely no reason not to have tickets on sale on Saturday.

I'll not even go there about the game being all ticket to start with. I've had a good moan in recent weeks to some in the club about ticket games. It is about time those making these stupid decisions see some sense. Mr Jardine, etc are you listening?

10 minutes ago, Scottylintonstowel said:

What we need is a booth outside of Sports Direct erected on a Saturday morning where Alan Jardine and Colin Hosie can sell game tickets from.Maybe the lads could play the mouth organ or accordion to raise some extra cash.

Nothing wrong with the accordion... :(