Sons' sorrow

Still have some games available for man of the match volunteers.

Anybody fancy picking man of the match at a game this season? Drop me a PM to arrange.

Only requirements are that you're a trust member and that you can stick around after your chosen game to present the winner with their award.

Craig Stewart is normally pretty reliable at these things, so looks like Durrant may well be Stevie's new assistant. I honestly don't know how to feel about it, but it's certainly a slightly left-field appointment.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/490787/rangers-legend-ian-durrant-lined-up-for-return-to-football-with-scottish-championship-side-dumbarton/

It's really impossible to judge him in all honesty.

I've tried to sound out a few Rangers fans in work and they are also fairly unaware of how good or bad a coach he is. One of them seems to think he's a good appointment for us and was fairly well regarded at Rangers.

Another boy who worked under him as a youth at Killie said he was a great coach, but he was about 12 at the time.

I reckon it could be a sound appointment.

I met Ian Durrant when Rangers brought their under 20s for Britso's testimonial. He was very amiable and made a real effort to join in with the occasion signing autographs for young supporters etc. He announced to everyone that his Rangers debut had been at 'The Old Bogheid' and that he never forgot the experience. He was very co-operative in getting stuff signed for auctions. All this gives no indication at all of his ability as a coach however he seemed a real football man.

He is very highly regarded as a youth coach and having spoken to guys that have coached and played with rangers at youth level this definitely seems to be the case. How he will do as an assistant is anyone's guess. We certainly don't have a flourishing youth department [emoji12]

The Daily Record also said that Josh Todd had quit Dumbarton the day before he took to the field in a Dumbarton shirt.

Could he have served notice of him leaving? Ie, could he have given a months notice instead of walking out?

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

What Durrant brings to the table needs to outweigh what Faz has just taken off the table. We'll see if it works but I have my doubts.

That qualification applies to any appointment, and as far as I'm concerned if is to be Ian Durrant then I for one will welcome what at face value is a bold and imaginative appointment.  As I recall, Ian Murray brought several good practices from his times at higher level clubs, and I've no doubt that Durrant would bring things of his own.

I wish whoever becomes our Assistant Manager all the very best.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

49 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

That qualification applies to any appointment, and as far as I'm concerned if is to be Ian Durrant then I for one will welcome what at face value is a bold and imaginative appointment.  As I recall, Ian Murray brought several good practices from his times at higher level clubs, and I've no doubt that Durrant would bring things of his own.

I wish whoever becomes our Assistant Manager all the very best.

As do I, unless it's John Brown.