Sons' sorrow

5 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

http://www.dng24.co.uk/new-mids-boss-named/

BBPF will be on his way to the borders as we speak... assuming that's where Mid-Annandale is.

Its in Lockerbie. So not in the Borders ;)

He was on the Board at Gretna but presumably will need to leave that role also.

Daily Record have said that Ian Durrant has been "sounded out" about the assistant manager position.

I was fearing a McCoist/Rae/Brown type appointment and he kinda falls into that bracket... I think.

I have no idea how he done with Rangers youth team in all honesty, he could be a good coach who I'm discounting because he was part of an old pals act, joke setup at Rangers.

Then again he could be your typical Alex Rae/John Brown type of perma seething dinosaur who I'd prefer to avoid.

28 minutes ago, microdave said:

Daily Record have said that Ian Durrant has been "sounded out" about the assistant manager position.

Anyway, moving on from the borders/not the borders, Durrant strikes me as a hard psycho type, which is what I think we need alongside Stevie. Just two things worry me; firstly, he was a pretty big part of the worst Rangers management team of all time (I think I'm right in saying), and secondly I'd be a wee bit worried that he might have an ego. I mean he won trophies, played for Scotland and was involved in one of the biggest clubs in the country as a player and coach. Stevie hasn't done that - albeit his managerial record is vastly superior - and I hope that he doesn't feel like he's above us.

If it is to be then I'd imagine he'll have some decent contacts, and I'd imagine a few 'Bearz' might fancy playing for him. 

I wouldn't be against it. I'd certainly say he was a better option than Chris Aitken, and I like the fact that Stevie is looking at an outsider - rather doing an Ian Murray and promoting from within. 

1 hour ago, microdave said:

The Daily Record also said that Josh Todd had quit Dumbarton the day before he took to the field in a Dumbarton shirt. If they told me that shite was brown I would doubt it until my next log.