Sons' sorrow

I see stiker Josh Peters has signed for Livingston. Did we not trial him last close season?

Yeah I saw that. He was at Forfar last season wasn't he? Scored a good few goals for them if I remember rightly.

On Robert Thomson, his season for us was one of two halves. First half, he, along with pretty much every other player was either stinking or anonymous. Second half of the season he, again like others, was a different player.

His work rate was never in question, he's a grafter, no doubt about that, but after Bonnyrigg, he was direct, he won more headers, he was a real asset and scored a few worldies and vital goals for us too.

He seems to be the sort of player like many, that need an arm round the shoulder and need to feel loved, which from the outside and from what I've heard Stevie seems to be pretty adept at, so if he gets similar from Jim Duffy I could see him being a good asset for Morton next year. Good Luck to him, aside from games against us of course!

Peter MacDonald while a good goalscorer at this level previously and a decent goalscorer throughout the divisions over his career, isn't what we're looking for.

It's up to Aitken to make sure we have a team who will compete at this level and while finding a goalscorer is the million dollar problem, MacDonald wouldn't have been the answer.

So just now we have at least a small spine of a team in Dowie, Carswell and Nade. I'm pretty content with that at the moment, but hopefully some more signing news soon...

Unrelated to any impending arrivals, but just in case anyone's not seen it, Iain Russell has retired from football to take up a full-time job with a hair transplant company. Good luck to him in the real world, he was a hero of mine growing up, and deserves a lot of credit for speaking up on mental health issues in football. 

Delighted that he won't be scoring against us again though :lol:

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

#wonderfulwednesday #nopromises 

At least now we know why we've had to wait for signings. Our Twitter overlord has spent the past six weeks designing graphics and hashtags.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08