Sons' sorrow

Just now, The Moonster said:

I was so angry about that at the time :lol: Can't even blame the pitch because it was brand spanking new.

I'm happy to out him, that was my brother :P

Is he free on saturdays????just saying if we cant get stanton!!!

Northern Son Jnr was the Away team number 10.  He's a wee bit quicker than his auld man!

Thought that the standard was pretty good overall.  Played in good spirit as you would expect.  Some tremendous saves from the goalkeepers, especially in the second half: the Home keeper from the header and the double save from the Away keeper! 

25 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The standard of that game :o

How many ringers were there? The number 3 in the away kit's turn a few minutes in is majestic.

As far as I'm aware nobody on that pitch plays higher than amateur but I may be wrong there. Every shirt was filled with a legitimate bid from a Sons fan.

5 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

I take it he played at least Juniors........

Nope, Arden Caple U17s was about as far as he got before the Sons Supporters team revived his career a few years back.

See Lennon is thinking about shelving his plans to put Porteous out on loan, he's due to be playing tonight and then Hibs are to review the situation apparently

So potentially no Penrice and no Porteous. Wonderful.

Moonster, can your brother player at left-back or centre-half?

Seeing as your defensive plans are apparently crumbling around you, fancy signing Jason Kerr on loan and taking Scott fucking Tanser off of our hands? He claims to be a left back.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

If Penrice and Porteous fall through I can see us signing Dougie Hill to be honest. Kerr sounds promising but we don't want your duds, Scott Brown was enough.

You can keep them all .Im for pace ace N Ferguson signing up!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If Penrice and Porteous fall through I can see us signing Dougie Hill to be honest. Kerr sounds promising but we don't want your duds, Scott Brown was enough.

To be honest I was slightly surprised by Hill on Saturday. I had him as being completely past it, and a bit of mental bombscare who loved diving in, but he did alright. As I said at the time he looked more settled than Dowie, did all the basics pretty well and probably did his chances no harm.

Ideally I'd still like Porto, but Hill wouldn't be as bad as I had feared I don't think. He's certainly more convincing than Craig Pettigrew was at CB.

Is it completely outwith the realms of possibility that Daniel Harvie may return? I know they may look to send him to a full time side but surely he won't be in with a shout in the Aberdeen first team? He may have a say in things and he seemed to thoroughly enjoy his time here too.

That looks like a great day.
We surely need a list of which players are regular contributors on here :thumsup2

Im the away #2. Cut out most of my good bits *obviously* and left in me diving in and getting turned. Could have been more highlights perhaps, if highlights is stringing three passes together.

Sneak would be my motm, the home goalie, kept them in the game first half and kept out a great header in the second.

6 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Is it completely outwith the realms of possibility that Daniel Harvie may return? I know they may look to send him to a full time side but surely he won't be in with a shout in the Aberdeen first team? He may have a say in things and he seemed to thoroughly enjoy his time here too.

I suspect if there was any chance of that we wouldn't have been pursuing Penrice. A lot could change in the next 2 weeks though.

31 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

There was a newspaper article where Harvie set out his hopes of pushing for first team football in some form this season so I don't think we'll be getting him back.