Sons' sorrow

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Little is probably irreplaceable I reckon. I've never been convinced by Kasubandi though.

Going into the game against a Bankies side without one of their star men from the year before, and where we have to play a full strength team

1394226122QLD733_big_16_01_2014_christia

Obviously the last time we put out a full strength team against a Junior side it went well too...

Lumsden is still No1 keeper although ex Arbroath keeper Scott Morrison is signing as GK player/coach.Big Jamie Lyden is still with us too.

Kasubandi wasn't offered anything for this season.Burbidge has played a couple of games for Clyde on trial.

Ryan Deas has signed from  Arthurlie along with Ciaran Lafferty who is ex Celtic/Dunfermline.

Should be a couple of trialist on sat too.

I would imagine that McAnespie will play at some point as well.

I meant to say, did anyone else think Davie Smith has grown in size? Not particularly in height, but he looked like an actual grown man with muscles and things last night, as opposed to the wee "built like a fiver" winger he was last season. Really impressed with his attitude and application last night.

1 minute ago, Bankies Alive said:

Lumsden is still No1 keeper although ex Arbroath keeper Scott Morrison is signing as GK player/coach.Big Jamie Lyden is still with us too.

Kasubandi wasn't offered anything for this season.Burbidge has played a couple of games for Clyde on trial.

Ryan Deas has signed from  Arthurlie along with Ciaran Lafferty who is ex Celtic/Dunfermline.

Should be a couple of trialist on sat too.

I would imagine that McAnespie will play at some point as well.

Morrison was at the Vale recently, wasn't he? He's a decent 'keeper.

If McAnespie plays then that will have been more than I saw of him during 08/09 when he was with us I think :lol: Seemed to sign, and then just spend the entire time injured. A quick look at Soccerbase suggests he played 8 minutes at home for us, in a midweek win over East Stirlingshire (the game where Denis McLaughlin scored an absolute zinger from about 30 yards for those of you with memories like me), and started twice away. Suspect he'll manage more than 8 minutes on Saturday!

Morrison was at the Vale recently, wasn't he? He's a decent 'keeper.
If McAnespie plays then that will have been more than I saw of him during 08/09 when he was with us I think [emoji38] Seemed to sign, and then just spend the entire time injured. A quick look at Soccerbase suggests he played 8 minutes at home for us, in a midweek win over East Stirlingshire (the game where Denis McLaughlin scored an absolute zinger from about 30 yards for those of you with memories like me), and started twice away. Suspect he'll manage more than 8 minutes on Saturday!

He played in a midfield five alongside Stevie Murray in the centre against Albion Rovers in a dreadful midweek draw away from home. I was fuming with Chapman that night for his needless tinkering that ruined the game, and my mood wasn't helped by the stinging cold.

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

He played in a midfield five alongside Stevie Murray in the centre against Albion Rovers in a dreadful midweek draw away from home. I was fuming with Chapman that night for his needless tinkering that ruined the game, and my mood wasn't helped by the stinging cold.

That the game where Ross Clark equalised in injury time, wasn't it? If it was then I found his top from that match on eBay for £30 last year, so it now hangs on my wall.

That the game where Ross Clark equalised in injury time, wasn't it? If it was then I found his top from that match on eBay for £30 last year, so it now hangs on my wall.

Yes. We scraped a one all draw. Miserable. That game perfectly sums up Chapman's irritating habit of fucking about with a team for no good reason.

I didn't realise that Ross Forsyth had played for you.
Stirling Albion fans had nothing but good things to say about him.

Was a shite left back, mediocre centre back and decent centre mid for Sons. Just didn't want quite work out for him there, still a handy player. Especially for junior level.

14 hours ago, the snudge said:

If any sons supporters feel like a run out on Sunday in a supporters match then give me a shout. Fans favourite N. Ferguson is playing BTW 

Where is this N Ferguson lovefest taking place??Doubt i would be worthy to share the turf with the new martin mooney!!!

8 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Andy Dowie has been made captain. I'm definitely happier with him as captain than I was with Darren Barr.

Not a huge surprise. I maybe would've gone for Mango myself, but his injury record would make that a risk. Both players look like far more natural leaders than Barr was, which is good.

We've actually got a few leaders based on what I saw last night. Dowie and Barr didn't stop talking the whole match, Scott Gall was very vocal and I actually thought Davie Smith was more vocal than he usually is. Dowie will be a fine captain. 

Yes. We scraped a one all draw. Miserable. That game perfectly sums up Chapman's irritating habit of fucking about with a team for no good reason.

Together with another regular on here I was a Boardroom invitee that night and I seem to recall an act of grand larceny which had Paul Martin incandescent.