Sons' sorrow

Horrendous game today. Would be quite pleased if we announced that we will never play Clydebank again.

Only real concern with today is Chris Johnston. He didn't even consider taking on the full back once and would pass the ball before anyone from the other team got near him. I really hope that he was just trying to avoid injury but based on what Raith supporters had to say about him I'm a bit worried.

Horrendous game today. Would be quite pleased if we announced that we will never play Clydebank again.

Only real concern with today is Chris Johnston. He didn't even consider taking on the full back once and would pass the ball before anyone from the other team got near him. I really hope that he was just trying to avoid injury but based on what Raith supporters had to say about him I'm a bit worried.

I felt he was the same against Partick. He's absolutely not a winger, I'd rather see him play through the middle.

I got the impression David Smith was getting pissed off with him as well. He wasn't making any runs and Smith decided to just avoid passing to him and started trying to hit the byline himself.

More than happy to give him time mind you, he seems like a total confidence player. I'm adament he'd be better suited to playing through the middle.

Walsh on the other hand has looked excellent so far. Really pleased with him.

No Ross Forsyth or our captain Alan Vezza today.Gow and Lafferty both never played with knocks.

Given that it was our 1st pre season game with a few trialist I thought we did ok although big Josh was poor at the winning goal.

What was that in goal for you? Needs to lose about 4 stone! 

There really isn't a whole lot between yourselves and the likes of us.Which probably says a lot about the state of Scottish football.

Good luck for the season ahead and hopefully the loan market works well for you again.

The number 5 today appears to have been this chap:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/saheed-mustapha/profil/spieler/211951

German lower league football must be absolutely horrendous.

7 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

No Ross Forsyth or our captain Alan Vezza today.Gow and Lafferty both never played with knocks.

Given that it was our 1st pre season game with a few trialist I thought we did ok although big Josh was poor at the winning goal.

What was that in goal for you? Needs to lose about 4 stone! 

There really isn't a whole lot between yourselves and the likes of us.Which probably says a lot about the state of Scottish football.

Good luck for the season ahead and hopefully the loan market works well for you again.

I thought we absolutely controlled it once the first-team came on, whilst barely having to up the tempo. Admittedly by that point you guys would've been struggling a bit with it being the first game, and without first team players though.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

We also drew with Hibs at Easter Road, Bonnyrigg lost 8-1 to the same team. Explain that.

You drew, we beat them and finished below you.  How is that even possible1?

16 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Glad you think it's funny but unfortunately it's the truth!

Bonnyrigg?

It's opinion, not the truth. The truth is if that Clydebank side was in our division you'd be embarrassed week on week. One day you'll learn that a pre-season kick about isn't an accurate representation of ability or quality.

Yeah, Bonnyrigg beat us in the cup, Bonnyrigg would've been relegated from the Championship last season. It's a stupid argument.

I`m sure we`d get beat every week,not sure about embarrassed especially if we could get a few loanees in from full time teams!

I wish you well for the season ahead I really do

.Pity its £20 to get in or i`d probably take in a game or 2 when were not playing during the season.