Sons' sorrow

59 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's opinion, not the truth. The truth is if that Clydebank side was in our division you'd be embarrassed week on week. One day you'll learn that a pre-season kick about isn't an accurate representation of ability or quality.

Yeah, Bonnyrigg beat us in the cup, Bonnyrigg would've been relegated from the Championship last season. It's a stupid argument.

Exactly...in a one off game anything is possible...hence the 'romance of the cup' cliche.

I agree it's getting a bit silly now. Let's face it Bankies we are in higher league with a superior side. Yeah in some instances the underdog does well e.g Bonnyrig.

I get the wishing us well stuff and I wish you well too but let's leave it at that.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We beat Dundee Utd twice last season. We should've finished in the promotion playoffs IMO.

You were in the same league,so totally different.

i was making the point that the Bonnyrigg game wasn't a one off game that's all.

You can't read much into the Sons today. We have played so many trialists, hardly a settled team. Once we got the signed players on, we controlled the game. Remember most weeks we have to play differently as we are set up to counter attack. Today we were meant to be favourites. So it's really all new, however against a better team ( Partick Thistle ) we employed our usual tactics and won.